Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Uncomplete a task

sfcurley says:
Hi. Is there a way to uncomplete a task? I looked at the forum and there was mention of an incomplete button in the More menu when the completed task is selected. However, I do not see one there (or anywhere).

Thank you.
Posted at 3:28pm on May 4, 2021
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi sfcurley,
You can uncomplete a task from any of the apps, but generally you can find an uncomplete "left + up arrow" button at the top. (This is above the task list in the web/desktop app and above the task details in the mobile apps.)

Also in the mobile apps you can swipe right on a task's row to uncomplete it (and you'll see the same arrow as you do so).

Generally the uncomplete action is the same as the complete action, just depending on which task you select.)

Hope this helps but let me know if you need any further help!
Posted 2 years ago
jonhind says:
This is very odd.
I can't find any un-complete action on the web (Firefox 89.0 Linux) either.
And it seems to have disappeared from the android app (4.5.12).
I thought there might be a workaround to 'Add field' but 'completed' isn't available.
All very odd.

What I would like under RTM is to be able to complete a task and have it transferred to a journal. I thought I could emulate this by moving 'completed' items to an 'archive' list but this doesn't really do what I want, as for repeated tasks it moves future tasks to the archive.
Unless the wisdom of the crowd knows better ?
Posted 2 years ago
jonhind says:
OK - I spotted an "undo last action dropdown on the '...' box on the web version.
And a ⤺ undo button on the (android) phone app.
That's nice. Really but not an uncomplete facility,
Posted 2 years ago
coasterguy53433 says:
General feedback: the uncomplete button is not in an intuitive place. I might suggest putting it somewhere more prominently.
Posted 2 years ago
hlslaughter says:
I can't find it either :)
Posted 2 years ago
sabitron says:
I mistakenly mark a task as complete and it's been frustrating to figure how to undo that. I end up deleting the task and recreating. RTM help documentation didn't help much. Reading the comments on this post, hopefully I'll find an easier method to address the next time it happens.
Posted 2 years ago
mmoore100 says:
I usually use the web version for task management and I, too, have trouble remembering what to do if I complete a task by mistake. I couldn't really figure it out by reading these comments, either, but knowing that such a feature did exist, I found the rounded arrow that points to the left. To me, that looks like a "go back" button, so I wouldn't have thought to try that.

One thing that would be helpful is to put the "how to make a task incomplete" information in a help topic.
Posted 2 years ago
jansaga says:
Great tip mmoore! I too would never expect the curved arrow to reverse an item that I mistakenly marked as, "complete." Yes, it looks like a "go back" button. I mistakenly looked at the "Completed" tab, clicked the item and then "Incomplete" at the top right, thinking it would put it back on the "Incomplete" list.
Posted 2 years ago
wohler says:
I've also wanted an uncomplete keyboard shortcut for the web for years.

My use case is my shopping list. I reuse the completed items over and over. I mark "milk" as uncomplete when I need some. That's faster than creating a new task, and your completed shopping items serve as reminders when prepping a new list.

I'd suggest the character `c' so it works as a toggle.
Posted 2 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.