Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Lag time when typing driving me CRAZY

kevindonlin says:
There's a lag of 3 seconds between when I type in a task and when it appears. It causes constant mistakes and I'M GOING INSANE. If it doesn't stop, I'm dumping this app.

This started about 3-4 weeks ago, and it happens on Firefox and Chrome browsers.

Anyone got any ideas???
Posted at 8:17pm on April 27, 2021
(closed account) says:
Is it only happening in RTM? I use Firefox on my personal computer and Edge on my work computer, and I'm not experiencing that.
Posted 2 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi kevindonlin,
As geojono mentioned, this is unexpected and shouldn't be happening so we'd definitely love to help!

You can find a few general steps on our "My tasks won't load" page, and if that doesn't help please contact us so we can help more specifically!
Posted 2 years ago
kevindonlin says:
It's only RTM.

It's been like that on Firefox for weeks and it's now worse on Chrome. Maybe it's my Kaspersky firewall? I will check the links above and get back to you. Thx
Posted 2 years ago
Hi kevindonlin,
If it turns out to be Kaspersky or anything else, it would be great if you could let us know so we could keep track of issues.

And if that doesn't help we'd want to know so we could help you track this down too!
Posted 2 years ago
kevindonlin says:
Sorry, lag is still there -- at least 3 seconds between when I type and when text appears on the tool bar.

I've updated Firefox and Chrome and still not working right. Lag time is crazy making me :-0

I hate to remove my Kaspsersky firewall. Any other ideas?
Posted 2 years ago
Hi kevindonlin,
Removing the firewall should not be necessary, and I wouldn't suggest that unless you can turn it off temporarily to test or as a last resort.

One other thing to try if you haven't yet would be safe mode in Firefox or an Incognito window in Chrome. Those bypass website data and extensions so it may help identify if either of those is part of the problem. (It may help to make sure it's happening in Safari or Edge, etc. too!)

It may also be helpful to try another computer or a different network, just to rule out some other things. I know this may not be feasible but whatever you can check!
Posted 2 years ago
coasterguy53433 says:
This sounds similar to what I was experiencing awhile back.

By chance, does the delay happen exactly every 1 minute? Or is it continual?
Posted 2 years ago
kevindonlin says:
GOOD NEWS. The situation fixed itself after the latest Firefox update today. Still have no idea why the lag appeared or why several other browser updates didn't fix the problem. But it's gone now :-)
Posted 2 years ago
Hi kevindonlin,
Phew, that is good news! Sorry about it lasting so long but I'm glad it's better. 💙
Posted 2 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.