Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

RTM in Firefox sidebar?

kent.moffat says:
I hope this isn't something obvious that I'm too clueless to figure out but how do I setup RTM to use Firefox's sidebar? I have other extensions such as del.icio.us that add a menu choice under sidebar but don't see that for RTM.

I was thinking about Toodledo at one point and it installs a sidebar option too.

Thanks!
Posted at 4:53pm on June 6, 2007
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Unfortunately we don't currently have a Firefox extension, although it may be possible to use a Firefox extension to use the iGoogle gadget in the sidebar. I think I've seen that mentioned on the forums previously -- does anyone here use this?

Sorry I can't be of more help!
Posted 16 years ago
nalf says:
here is how to do it with the iGoogle gadget :

Open your bookmark manager in firefox and add a new bookmark with this url :
http://www.rememberthemilk.com/services/modules/googleig/
and check the box "Load this bookmark in the sidebar"
Posted 16 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
nalf, thanks -- this is a very cool tip!
Posted 16 years ago
kent.moffat says:
Thanks Emily and Nalf. I've got it up and running.

As I expected, however, it doesn't seem to work in offline Google Gears mode. While that would be great I'm very happy with the current solution.
Posted 16 years ago
adski says:
Using RTM as a second sidebar using iGoogle is a better interface than the standard RTM one!! Apart from the lack of gGears syncing. though.

Totally recommended. Nice work to whoever made the widgets for the iGoogle homepage, I seem to never visit the RTM web site, what with the tasks integrated into gCalendar aswell :-)
Posted 16 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.