Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Changing the time of a recurring task, changes the time of all the following tasks

vitalyb says:
I've made the following task:

take medications 8am every day

It works great and I am getting notifications daily on 7am. Then, one day, my schedule changes and I am in middle of class at 8am. So when I get the reminder, I change the due date of the task to 9am, to get another notification then. That works.

However, the next day, the new recurring task is also set for 9am and so will be all following tasks unless I change it manually.

Is it possible to make the due time part of the recurring information? Even if I change the due time of a single instance, I don't want it to affect all the following tasks in the series.
Posted at 10:04am on February 4, 2017
raymond.bergmark Power Poster says:
Maybe the repeat behaviour depends on if you repeat every day or after a day.
Posted 7 years ago
robert.ward says:
Raymond is correct. Any task that has the "repeat every..." is consider part of a task series and all tasks in that series will hold the same values (priority, due time, etc.).

The "problem" with "repeat after" is that a new task will not be created until the currently outstanding task is completed. That is not the case when using "repeat every."
Posted 7 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.