Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Smart list with Criteria A OR Criteria B

(closed account) says:
I want a smart list that pulls based on 2 different criteria without being exclusive of one or the other.

For example, I have items that have due dates because they are due on a specific day. AND I have a second set of items that have a tag called "today".

Items that have the "today" tag do NOT have a due date because these are only items that I hope (or want) to get done today, but they're not due today so I don't want to put a due date on them.

I want a smart list that pulls everything with a date of "tomorrow" AND everything with a "today" tag.

I am able to create a Smart List that pulls items with a due date of tomorrow (but this does not include items with a "today" tag that do not have a due date).

And I am able to create a Smart List that pulls items with the "today" tag, but it does not pull anything with a due date of tomorrow that does NOT have a "today" tag.

So I can do either or... and I can do both together. But I can't do THIS AND THAT

Any idea how to make this happen?
Posted at 2:38am on January 21, 2017
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi jrheaume,
Our search wizard will let you create a Smart List that shows tasks that contain multiple properties, essentially like you say but with "AND" instead of "OR".

You can use our advanced search to create a search that would use "OR". Your example would look like this:

due:tomorrow OR tag:today

You could also include other sets of tasks by adding more "OR" conditions, or group with parentheses, etc.—the searches can get pretty detailed, all in the name of just the tasks you want. :D

Hope this helps, and we love helping build or tweak Smart Lists, so let us know if we can help any further!
Posted 7 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.