Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Constant authentication prompts in iPhone Calendar app

brian.tully says:
For the longest time now, every time I open up the Calendar app on my iPhone I get about 4 dialog windows asking me to authenticate into different RtM calendars. Since I don't always have the credentials handy I usually end up hitting cancel each time. Even when I take the time to enter my username/pw, eventually these annoying authentication prompts pop up again. Since I use the RtM iPhone app, I don't see a need to have whatever integration is causing these authentication prompts. However, on all my devices I have explicitly gone through and deleted any RtM calendars, and yet I STILL get these authentication prompts on my phone whenever I open Calendar. When I view all calendars I don't see a RtM calendar, so where exactly is this authentication prompt coming from? When looking at my iCloud and Internet Accounts settings, I don't see any RtM account.

Anyone have an idea on how I can get rid of these annoying authentication prompts once and for all?

Thanks!
Posted at 3:12pm on November 22, 2016
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi brian.tully,
These sound like they come from subscribed calendars, which could be one of a few places:
* In the Calendar app, you can tap on Calendars at the bottom and then look for your calendars. They may be in the iCloud section or another, and may have "Remember The Milk" in the title or may be the name of a list. If you find one, you can tap the 'i' on the right and "Delete Calendar" may be at the bottom.
* If not, you may also want to look in the iOS Settings, in Calendar > Accounts, for "Subscribed Calendars"; you may have a Remember The Milk calendar here. If so, you can tap on that and select "Delete Account" at the bottom.
* Last, less likely to bother you with prompts, but in the Calendar section of the Settings you may have "Remember The Milk" listed (above Subscribed Calendars), which corresponds to our Siri integration:

https://www.rememberthemilk.com/services/siri/

You could remove that or check its account details if necessary.

Keep us posted on what you find!
Posted 7 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi brian.tully,
These sound like they come from subscribed calendars, which could be one of a few places:
* In the Calendar app, you can tap on Calendars at the bottom and then look for your calendars. They may be in the iCloud section or another, and may have "Remember The Milk" in the title or may be the name of a list. If you find one, you can tap the 'i' on the right and "Delete Calendar" may be at the bottom.
* If not, you may also want to look in the iOS Settings, in Calendar > Accounts, for "Subscribed Calendars"; you may have a Remember The Milk calendar here. If so, you can tap on that and select "Delete Account" at the bottom.
* Last, less likely to bother you with prompts, but in the Calendar section of the Settings you may have "Remember The Milk" listed (above Subscribed Calendars), which corresponds to our Siri integration:

https://www.rememberthemilk.com/services/siri/

You could remove that or check its account details if necessary.

Last, any of the above can also be checked on a Mac specific to iCloud calendars.

Keep us posted on what you find!
Posted 7 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.