Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Issues when traveling to another time zone

coasterguy53433 says:
Traveling is always a big pain because of the way RTM handles time zones.

1) The RTM web app detects that I'm in a new time zone, but the mobile app doesn't. So when I land somewhere and take my iPhone out of Airplane Mode, all of my task due dates are thrown-off instantly.

2) When I get to my hotel, I update the time zone on my laptop. I open the RTM web app in Chrome, and it (correctly) detects that I'm in a new time zone. It gives me the option to update the time zone, so I click Yes. It takes a very long time -- maybe 20 minutes. During this time, there's no progress bar. It's not possible to interact with my tasks. After a little while, Chrome shows a message that the page has become unresponsive. If I just let it run for awhile (20 minutes or so), eventually it becomes responsive. There's no message to confirm that the change has completed -- I just have to keep trying until I can actually click on a task.

(How I use RTM: all of my tasks have a due date. I generally don't use due times. I have the latest version of Chrome on Windows 7. I have the latest version of the RTM app for iOS. I'm on the general release for RTM, not the beta/fast track.)

I am super dependent on RTM when I travel -- please help!
Posted at 1:51pm on September 15, 2016
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.