Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

tagged subtasks don't show in tag list

klavw says:
Why don't tagged subtasks show in the list of items with that tag? I've made a subtask-smart-list so I can see them, but it would be much better if they showed under the tag. (The way both tasks and subtasks show under Today.)
Posted at 1:36am on August 21, 2016
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi katelwilliams,
Tasks and subtasks will always show in every view, but in any view they'll be collected under a parent task if both show in the same view. In your example, if you tag a task and its subtask with the same tag, the subtask will show inside the task.

Hope this helps, but let us know if you're seeing anything else!
Posted 7 years ago
welred says:
Well, if it only shows when you click on the parent task it isn't really showing in any view. I'm currently looking for a new task management system, so I'm trying out RTM. I like a lot of what I see, but the subtasks seem very awkward.
BUT - I see that you can drag a subtask into the main list pretty easily -- would the subtask keep the same tags and other attributes as its ex-parent task? That could be a decent work around. Most parent tasks are actually projects, so if you use a tag for the project name, the subtasks could be manually moved (in bulk, hopefully?) to the main view in a weekly review -- that might be adequate for some users.
I will also note that it's a bit frustrating not to have access to a trial version of Pro. I'm willing to pay for it if it works for me, difficult to determine this from reading comments/forum etc. Thanks
Posted 7 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi welred,
Dragging a subtask to the main list separates it from its parent task; it’s now its own task without the connection to the other task.

We don’t currently offer trials for Pro, but we’re happy to Posted 7 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.