Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

First list seen when opening web app

robfreundlich says:
Whenever I start the web app, I am taken to list X. I would like to be taken to list Y.

According to the help (http://www.rememberthemilk.com/help/?ctx=basics.lists.defaultlist):

====
If you do not have a default list set, the last list
you viewed will be displayed when you sign in,
and your Inbox will be used for tasks added by
email or Twitter
====

List X is not my default list - I've made sure of that by going to it and selecting More -> Unset as Default. However, as I noted, above, I still end up there when I open the web app, even if I go to List Y and exit the web app.

I'm not actually signing out in between, just closing the web app. I thought that might be the problem, since the help says "when you sign in", but I tried logging out while viewing list Y, and it didn't help.

How can I force RTM to show me list Y when I go to the web app?

Note 1: both lists X and Y are Smart Lists.

Note 2: I don't want lists created via email to be added to list Y. In fact, I doubt it's possible, since list Y is a Smart List. I just want it to be the first list I see when I go to the web app.

Posted at 1:50pm on November 29, 2015
robert.ward says:
Are you using the Beta web app?

If so, click the gears button on the top right and then Account Settings. Once there, click on General and on the top you will see "start view." You can change that to any of the many options they give you, including Smart Lists. I'm guessing your start view is currently set to list X.
Posted 8 years ago
robfreundlich says:
I'm on the normal web app. Having been bitten too often (and being a developer myself), I'm pretty cautious about betas.
Posted 8 years ago
robert.ward says:
I've been using the Beta for over a year now. Big improvement from the old app as far as your ability to customize things. Take a look and you can switch back if you don't like it.
Posted 8 years ago
robfreundlich says:
That sounds pretty solid. I'll look into it.

Thanks!
Posted 8 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.