Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

How do you remove the "add any gadget by url" after Gmail's deprecation?

moorepants says:
I've been using the gadget for years now and prefer it to the Firefox extension but Gmail has now disabled it. Now I see the "ghost" of a gadget on the right side of the screen that is not functional and the settings for RTM are still in Google settings but the "add any gadget by url" is no longer present in the Labs tab of settings. So there doesn't seem to be a way to remove this gadget now. So I just have a crippled Gmail...Any suggestions?
Posted at 1:18pm on September 4, 2014
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi moorepants,
That sounds like our add-on, as the gadget was on the left side of Gmail. (I don't know if you were also using the Right-side Gadgets Gmail Labs feature, but I don't know how this could have contributed to this.)

You should be able to collapse the add-on or remove it in your browser's Extensions.

Hope this helps!
Posted 9 years ago
moorepants says:
You are right. I thought I was using the "add gadget by url". So now the question is why the Firefox add-on is no longer serving any of the data. Is this something others are experiencing?
Posted 9 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Yes, our 1.0.8 update fixes this. Sorry I didn't understand that from your first description, and sorry for the inconvenience!

Let us know if you see anything else.
Posted 9 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.