Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Feedback on Editing in the Android app

paulfeng says:
Hi.

I am an avid RTM user, and I thought I'd write up a bit of feedback about editing that annoys me, in hopes you might consider it for the next version of the app.

Generally, my feedback is that editing is tedious because it takes too many taps. It would improve the experience dramatically if editing and viewing modes were merged, and there wasn't a 'done' step after editing.

Let's say I'm looking at a task in a list view, and I'd like to edit it somehow. Here are the steps:

1. tap on the name
2. select the edit pencil
3. make the edit
4. select done
5. select back, or swipe right to get back to list view

Here's how I think it should work.

1. tap on the name
2. make the edit
3. select back or swipe right to get back to list view.

That's a 40% reduction in taps!

A few more bonus interaction feedback:

A. It's kind of insane that "done" in the edit screen is represented with a checkbox icon, and "complete task" in the adjacent task view screen uses the exact same checkbox. It's a pretty horrible user experience.

B. If tap on a task in list view --> view task, why waste swipe left with the same thing? Why not use that interaction to 'complete'? Isn't that much more natural and useful? (and by the way, what many other task apps do?)

C. What is the point of the task highlight in a list view if you can't multi-select? It seems kind of pointless.
Posted at 5:26pm on April 1, 2014
paulfeng says:
Sorry, in feedback A, please replace the word "checkbox" with "checkmark".
Posted 10 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi paulfeng,
Thanks for all your feedback. I've passed it on to the development team for review.

Just a note: you can multi-select in a list view by tapping the pencil/Edit button at the top right. Hope this helps a bit!
Posted 10 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.