Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

newbie question- is it better to have more lists with less tasks

mcenzalli says:
I am trying this program out as a way to replace my legal pad lists with an electronic version. I am also testing Evernote and dont love it. Would appreciate any advice to a newbie.
Posted at 3:26pm on March 4, 2014
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi mcenzalli,
First of all, welcome to Remember The Milk! :)

Ultimately this is up to you, as we try to make Remember The Milk flexible, but here are a few ways that users like to organize their tasks:
* You can create a list for each small group of tasks you wish to organize. This could end up with a lot of lists, but that may be acceptable.
* If you prefer fewer lists, you can use tags to group tasks in other ways. For example, some users organize their tasks into lists for Personal/Work/etc. and then group something like a "project" or other group with tags within that.
* On the other extreme, some users have very few list (or even just the Inbox) and organize everything with tags.

I'd be remiss if I didn't mention that we offer Smart Lists, which you can also use alongside lists to organize your tasks. Those can be a handy way to create "artificial" lists, which may be more temporary. (A lot of users who have few lists may still have more—or many!—Smart Lists. :)

Hope this helps! Let us know where you end up or if there's anything else we can help with.
Posted 9 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.