Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Shortcut keys are inconsistent with identifiers in e-mail

gerbercj says:
If I e-mail in a task I can use items such as:
P: 1, R: Every Week, E: 2 hours, O: Home.

If I want to perform the same types of tasks using keyboard shortcuts, the corresponding letters are:
1/2/3/4, f, g, l.

Is there any reason for the inconsistency here? It's making it much harder for me to memorize the shortcuts. It probably makes more sense to me to "fix" the e-mail site, rather than the shortcuts.

Also, priority 4, "no priority", would seem to me to be much more logical as priority 0.
Posted at 9:36pm on March 8, 2007
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
When we started the email service, we didn't have too many properties for tasks -- so we used "L" as the shortcut for list name, and used the first letter of each word for the other shortcuts.

As we added new properties in the application, we needed to use the "L" keyboard shortcut for location, but then that shortcut was already taken in the email service (and unfortunately we can't change the shortcuts as many people are already using them).

Ideally, if we'd known all the properties that we'd end up adding, we would have made sure the shortcuts were consistent at the beginning. Sorry for the confusion!
Posted 17 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.