Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Any RTM Infrastructure Changes Ever Coming Up?

(closed account) says:
God, in no way do I want to appear ungrateful ... but that's really how this is going to come across, even though RTM's revolutionized how I've attacked my to-dos.

But I'm kinda hoping we'll see infrastructure improvements someday. There's been a lot of good ideas that I can't see being THAT hard to implement.

I'm glad that the site can be localized into Klingon now, and that it works in people's NetGoogleVibesHomePack pages ...

But there's stuff that'd be really useful that can't be that hard to implement. For example, the suggestion about making dates slightly more "human" by stuff happening this week being, say, instead of 7 Mar, actually saying "Tomorrow", or 14 Mar, actually "Next Tuesday," stuff like that.

And even if you're like, "No, not gonna implement that puppy", there's lots of *small* stuff out there that a lot of people have gone, "Yes, that'd be GREAT!" And I'm just wondering when any of that is going to hit the water.

It's not that I'm not happy that Klingons can now use RTM to track their upcoming battles. Or that people on MegaFunHappyGoodTimesHomePageSite can now have a slick RTM module within their home page.

But it's kinda like, for the people who just want to plunk down into the site and start seeing one or two cool improvements ...
Posted at 7:28pm on March 6, 2007
(closed account) says:
Or adding new tasks in smart lists -- a popular request. Or nested/sub- lists so that people can just concentrate on the "next step." Or stuff like that.

Again, really not wanting to come across as ungrateful for this fantastic resource. Just wish we'd see it grow a bit in a non-translation, non-porting-to-other-homepages way!
Posted 17 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
We really appreciate your feedback. We definitely still have a lot of the smaller improvements in mind -- we just wish we had time to work on everything at once! It's two people and one stuffed monkey working on RTM, and quite frankly the monkey doesn't contribute enough sometimes...

We do try to balance adding new features and making improvements to the core application as much as we can (there's a fair amount happening in the background too, as we work on some of the more boring stuff like speeding up the app, as well as keeping things running smoothly in RTM land :)

There are many RTM addicts out there, so even the tiniest changes require careful testing in all our supported browsers to make sure we don't accidently break anything (the last thing we want is for people to login on a Monday morning and find they can't access their tasks!). This process means that we can't always change things as rapidly as we might like to, but we'll try to squeeze in some more of those smaller improvements when we can.
Posted 17 years ago
(closed account) says:
Okay. Thanks for listening. Guess I just needed to get that off my chest. :)
Posted 17 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.