Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

RSS/Atom feeds

(closed account) says:
I believe this issue has been brought up before, but the topic I found pertaining to it was locked, so maybe an update would be nice.

I would like to be able to subscribe to a feed that only contains tasks that are actually due soon, rather than everything that has already been created. For example, if I set up a task a month in advance and want to be reminded of it a day or two before it's due, it does little good for it to show up in my feed reader when I create it; I'd like to have a fresh reminder of it before it's due.

If there's a way to do this already, please let me know. Otherwise, I think it would be a great feature for this site.
Posted at 2:17pm on February 15, 2007
hunkdujour says:
Try this... Create a new smart list by saving a search of

dueWithin:"1 week of today"

Then click on that tab and find the "Atom" link with the RSS feed for that smart list.

This really is the best page on the site:

http://www.rememberthemilk.com/help/answers/search/advanced.rtm

There is so much you can do with searches and smart lists -- and then you can get an RSS feed for any list you create!
Posted 17 years ago
(closed account) says:
Wow! Thank you so much. I had no idea I could do things like that. This site has just become even more useful to me. :)
Posted 17 years ago
ian.humph says:
I have a problem which sort of leads on from this thread I can't share Smart Lists for viewing in RSS

I wish to pickup an Smartlist RSS feed on my mobile phone , it has a basic RSS reader

For a normal list which I can share this works fine. But for smart lists which have no option to share with public the rss feed does not work.

any ideas?
Posted 17 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Ian, the Smart List feeds will only work with feed readers that support authentication. It's not currently possible to publish Smart Lists, sorry.
Posted 17 years ago
ian.humph says:
Just in case anyone has the same problem as me above, http://www.litefeeds.com enables you to subscribe to secure feeds (e.g. your Smart Lists) on your mobile.
Posted 17 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.