Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Cannot Get Tasks Page To Load

marvinsmith says:
I used the site for a while, went AWOL for a couple of months and am now trying to use again. However, I've been trying to get my tasks to load for a couple of days without success.

I can log in with no problems, and I can see various items loading in my status bar, but eventually I timeout. (I guess that's what's happening.) The status bar says "Done" but all I have is a blank page with the logo in the left corner and my name and welcome in the right. "Initializing" is there too, but it's gray and nothing is actually still happening. I've left the page in that state for hours with no results.

I can access my tasks via my Google home page, but need to do some re-organizing on the site itself.

Obviously, I'm on a very slow dialup connection with no hope for improvement there, but I did access the site okay in the past.

Any ideas will be appreciated. Thanks.

Marvin
Posted at 6:32am on February 13, 2007
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Marvin, thanks for letting us know. Various firewall, pop-up blocking and ad blocking software, and browser plug-ins may prevent RTM from loading properly. We have some tips on loading problems available here. You may need to add 'rememberthemilk.com' and 'maps.google.com' (used in our Locations feature) as an exception to any ad blocking, script blocking, or pop-up blocking rules. Hope this helps!
Posted 17 years ago
marvinsmith says:
I tried adding to and/or disabling everything I could think of that might be blocking without success. I should have tried the secure HTTP first. That worked. Duh!

Thanks, Emily.

Does the fact that the secure HTTP worked tell you anything more about what might be doing the script blocking on my computer? I ask because there are other sites without a secure HTTP where I have problems with certain script features. I'd like to be able to change or disable whatever it is that's doing the blocking. I'm using Firefox 2.0 if that makes any difference.

Thanks again for getting me back on to my RTM page.

Marvin

Posted 17 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Marvin, glad you got it working. If it works with the HTTPS URL then it may be a firewall issue or possibly your ISP's proxy is preventing the site from loading.
Posted 17 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.