Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Unsharing Lists and Tasks

kevincruz says:
First off, thanks for an excellent product.

While exploring the many features with a friend to understand how it could fit into our systems, I seemed to have shot myself in the foot.

In our haste trying out the sharing feature, I shared my 'Inbox' list. Of course this was prior to reading the help :-) which explicitly states that tasks and lists may not be unshared in order to avoid potential loss of work by the consumer of the shared item.

It does appear however that removing my tasks from the shared list is possible. Since these tasks are no longer visible to the share contacts, it seems the possibility of "work loss" by the share contact exists all ready. If my assumptions are right and this is the intended behavior (I do realize it's beta!) it would seem that moving the tasks of a list poses no more danger than in allowing a list to be unshared.

My questions:
1) Is there any roundabout way other than creating a new account to unshare specifically my Inbox? I tried to delete/recreate, but then realized it was protected.

2) Is my understanding above correct or is there some reason I have not considered that would make the unsharing of a list more "dangerous" than moving all tasks from a list?

3) Are there intentions for GA or within the roadmap to provide further enhancements in shared list management (e.g. using a dirty flag to determine if anything has changed since the share, etc.)?

Thanks again for the hard work. I am convinced that this will be incorporated into my "system" very soon. If only it could be used in conjunction with 30boxes.com...

Kevin Cruz
Posted at 10:35pm on February 11, 2007
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Kevin, if you email us at [old address removed] with your username and your contact's username, we'd be happy to unshare the Inbox for you. This is definitely something that we'll be looking to enhance in the future (it would be great to have more options for sharing management and notifications when shared tasks change).
Posted 17 years ago
kevincruz says:
Thanks very much Emily. Email on the way.
Posted 17 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.