Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Google Calendar: Could not fetch URL error

dcrabill says:
I am trying to load my RTM tasks into Google Calendar. I am following the instructions on the FAQ as to how to do this: 1) publish 2) copy icalendar events URL 3) subscribe in Google.

I am receiving this error from Google after adding the URL: Could not fetch URL error.

I have tried in both IE and Firefox. This is the URL I am copy and pasting: webcal://www.rememberthemilk.com/icalendar/dcrabill/911870/events/

I would really like to get this working, it seems like a great website and feature! Thanks in advance for any help!!
Posted at 6:05pm on February 7, 2007
dcrabill says:
Up... I'd really appreciate it if someone would try to add the URL to their google calendar to see what the problem is. Thanks!!!
Posted 17 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
dcrabill, thanks for letting us know. We've checked out your iCalendar feed, and it looks fine on our end.

Some people have experienced temporary problems subscribing with Google Calendar -- sometimes it will work if you wait a few hours and then try to subscribe again. Would you be able to try again and see if it works? Thanks!
Posted 17 years ago
dcrabill says:
Yay it worked! Thanks Emily. I really love this site. What a great idea!!

Maybe I can find the answer to this in the FAQ, but... I am wondering if my Google calendar will update quickly after I update my RTM tasks? Thanks again!!!!
Posted 17 years ago
hunkdujour says:
My suspicion is that your RTM calendar feed is updated instantly, but that Google only polls/checks that feed periodically... perhaps every 15, 30, or 60 minutes.

If Google calendar were able to poll your iCal feed from RTM more often you'd see the items more quickly.
Posted 17 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
I think Google Calendar is updating this around every 3 hours (although it might be faster now).
Posted 17 years ago
dcrabill says:
Thanks again for the responses :)
Posted 17 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.