Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Task Details Box not "floating" properly

hdvorak says:
Hello! I'm having a little display problem with RTM. For some reason, the task details box on the right side of the screen is not "floating" properly. It's not a consistent problem, so it may be hard to diagnose... but basically what happens is that sometimes after it's come down to the bottom of a long screen (e.g., when I'm looking at a task that's at the bottom of a long list, where I have to scroll down in my browser to see it), it doesn't come back up when I'm then back in a shorter list, and I still have to scroll down to see it.

I'm running RTM in IE7, Windows XP Home Edition.

Otherwise, great product... I'm just getting started with it, and am optimistic that it will work well in keeping me organized while I split my work time between my office and my home office!

Posted at 5:52pm on February 5, 2007
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
hdvorak, thanks for letting us know -- we'll investigate this issue and do some further testing with IE7.

Glad you're enjoying RTM :)
Posted 17 years ago
hdvorak says:
Thanks, Emily. FYI, for some reason I don't have the same problem at the office, where I'm running the same version of IE but under Windows XP Professional.
Posted 17 years ago
hdvorak says:
A few more details on this bug: The details box seems to freeze at whatever spot it was when I actually work in it (i.e., enter/edit task details). So, if I make changes while it's at the top of the screen, it then doesn't float down when I scroll through a long task list; if I let it float down first and then make the changes, it doesn't come back up. I can "fix" it by reloading the page, but that's a pain because if I was in a search result, I lose that search.

Any progress on diagnosing/fixing this one?
Posted 17 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Hmm, can you think of any differences between your setup with IE7 at home and the office? It's possible that something like an add-on or a third-party application is affecting this. Unfortunately it may be hard for us to reproduce and test without the same environment, so if you can think of anything that could affect this, please let us know. Thanks!
Posted 17 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.