Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Email Templates

mdh says:
Try again...

Has anyone come-up with a simple solution within Outlook to have a rapidly accessible email template for use in creating RTM entries? Perhaps I am just not smart enough on how Outlook works, but what I want is a very easily to access template which I can use each time I want to email my RTM account (ie: the body of the email contains the variables I need to swiftly create an entry). I already have the contact created so I can rapidly address the email, but it would be nice if when I address an email to RTM it knows to switch to a template.

Would be nice also if that same template was available for use on mobile mail also (I use goodlink for mail on a WM5 phone).

Any suggestions?
Posted at 5:23pm on January 31, 2007
rush.mccue says:
Your idea of using templates is a great one. I have a couple set up in my phone's SMS settings and I love it.

What if you created various signatures that served as templates? I don't use Outlook so I don't know how hard it is to change between signatures, but it might work.
Posted 17 years ago
mdh says:
rush -- I think you unlocked a reasonably good answer, signatures. I created 2-3 "RTM template" signatures, and now when I want to create an RTM entry via outlook email, I begin a new email message (as normal), right-click on the default signature which allows me to replace that signature with one of my RTM templates. Very quick, which is exactly what I was after.

M
Posted 17 years ago
rush.mccue says:
Glad it worked!
Posted 17 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.