Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Importing Tasks from Yahoo Mail

mulchinator says:
Was there any progress on this?

Importing tasks from Yahoo! mail
krewson says:

Importing a list of tasks from Yahoo! mail results in one long task with all items on the list concatenated. Does not happen through outlook/exchange.

Posted at 2:47pm on November 20, 2006
emily (Remember The Milk) says:

krewson, thanks for letting us know. Do you have an example of the format that's not working? If you could email an example to [old address removed], we can check this out. Thanks!

Posted at 6:14am on November 21, 2006
krewson says:

I forwarded 3 examples:
1. Single spaced, no special characters
2. Single spaced, bulleted
3. Double spaced, no special characters.

Thanks!

Posted at 12:41pm on November 21, 2006

Thanks, we'll take a look at this.

Posted at 10:15pm on November 22, 2006
Posted at 4:00pm on January 28, 2007
I'm not sure what the resolution was on this -- we're checking into this again (I'll post again with an update).
Posted 17 years ago
Sorry I thought that we'd resolved this issue -- it looks like we hadn't. We've now fixed the problem with sending import emails from Yahoo! Mail. Please let us know if you experience any further problems. Thanks!
Posted 17 years ago
mulchinator says:
Emily, thanks for the feedback on this. What you guys did has helped, but isn't perfect. It now does import the tasks I sent, but it also imports the "ad text" Yahoo puts in each email as tasks as well. I left my Inbox with an example of that - feel free to check it out and see if it is something that warrants fixing.

The short answer is that I can easily just select those tasks and delete them.

A nice to have would be that it parses out the "ad text" and doesn't import it as tasks...
Posted 17 years ago
mulchinator, thanks for letting us know. We'll look at automatically removing the Yahoo signature. In the meantime, after your list you can include '-end-' on a line by itself, and everything after this line will be ignored. This should prevent the signature being imported. Hope this helps!
Posted 17 years ago
mulchinator says:
Sure does - thanks for the info!!!
Posted 17 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.