Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Suggestions for Someday Tasks and Weekly Reviews

risk says:
I have a lot of tasks that don’t have a due date but are more in the Someday/Maybe category. I also have trouble committing to weekly or periodic reviews because my feeling is if I have a system that works, I should not be reviewing it weekly!

What ends up happening is that tasks without dates are ignored for months or more. So what I end up doing, is using the due date field for tasks that don’t require one as way to remember about a someday task and see if I’m ready to tackle it. This is not a good solution either because my due tasks get inflated with ones that are not due!

I’d like to hear from people that figured out a way to deal with Someday/Maybe but without doing weekly reviews.
Posted at 8:16pm on September 6, 2012
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi risk,
Others may have some ideas as well, but I wanted to mention that rajjan's tip for sleeper tags could be useful for you, at least for pushing off a task for a while (e.g. "this task isn't due now, so I'll set it due in a month, but I wouldn't mind seeing it a week ahead of that date).

Failing that, perhaps a "Review someday/maybe tasks ^after 2 months" task would be appropriate to make sure those tasks don't fall through the cracks?

Hope that's of some help!
Posted 11 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.