Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

RTM in google calendar registers yesterday as today

pikamookie says:
Hi there,

When I am in Google Calendar and I click on the RTM icon, I see my tasks, however, it registers yesterday as today. Thus my reminders are always one day off. I have my time zone correct and it even registers the right day on the top before the tasks.

Screenshot here.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/genevievewong/370964553/

Anyone else having these problems too?
Posted at 6:22pm on January 27, 2007
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
pikamookie, thanks for reporting this issue. Are you able to check any computers that you use RTM with to make sure that they have the same timezone/location set as in your RTM account? Thanks!
Posted 17 years ago
pikamookie says:
Hmmm, yes I've tried this on multiple computers now with the same results. The computers I am on are the Central Time Zone. It always registers "Today" as the day before the day that is highlighted. For instance, I click on the 23rd icon in google calendar and it says Today Jan 22.
Posted 17 years ago
pikamookie, hmm that's weird. Would you mind emailing us at [old address removed] with the name of one of the tasks that's affected by this issue? We can check out that task on our end and see where the time problem is occurring, and look into this further. Thanks!
Posted 17 years ago
pikamookie says:
This is very interesting. It doesn't seem to be one task in particular. However, I made up task test and it is due Jan 30. Here is a screenshot of me clicking on the 30th (today) and it registering it as the 29th. So, it shows test being due "tomorrow" which is the 30th.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/genevievewong/374203923/
Posted 17 years ago
Thanks for this. We've checked into this further, and it looks like the tasks in your account are 1 hour off Central Standard Time (which is why they display as a day off at 12:19am).

Could you please check the Settings screen in Remember The Milk, and make sure that the timezone selected is accurate for your current location? (Timezones vary for a lot of U.S. locations, so it's important to select the option closest to your city). Thanks!
Posted 17 years ago
pikamookie says:
doh! I'm an idiot. I just figured that since it was off by a day, it wasn't a timezone problem. Sorry! Thanks for helping me debug this! Again, very sorry for wasting your time; silly user error. :D
Posted 17 years ago
No problem, glad it works for you :)
Posted 17 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.