Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Bug with notes removed in repeated tasks

raymoncy says:
Dear all,

I am currently using RTM in the way described here: http://www.rememberthemilk.com/forums/tips/15940/

I need thus to always keep the notes in the repeated tasks, i.e. when I validate a repeated task, the next occurence still contains the note.

This works perfectly using RTM on the iPhone but, when I validate a repeated task on the Web version, the note is not kept.

Would it be possible to solve this issue please?

Thank you very much
Cyrille
Posted at 6:57am on July 31, 2012
brendan says:
Hi Cyrille,
Repeating tasks can be repeated using "every" or using "after". This page has some details on the difference between them. Tasks that repeat with "every" (for example, "every 1 day") should keep their notes as you complete each occurrence, while "after" repeating tasks will not.

This behavior should be the same in both the web app and the iPhone app.

Hope this helps!
Posted 11 years ago
raymoncy says:
Hi Brenda,

Thanks for the page, it helped me a lot to understand. However, then I discovered a bug. Here is how to reproduce it:
- create a task from the web page and add the frequency "After one week". Attach a note to this task
- then, from the iPhone app, validate this task.

Now, the task appears one week later (normal behaviour) but still has its note!
Even stranger:
- validate the new task from the web app. The notice on the top informs you that the task has been validated but its date has not changed. After few validation attempt, the note finally disappears.

If you need additional information to reproduce the bug, do not hesitate to contact me.
Meanwhile, now I will use "every XX days" to keep the note :-)
Cyrille
Posted 11 years ago
raymoncy says:
PS: sorry for misspelling your first name Brendan.
Posted 11 years ago
brendan says:
Hi Cyrille,
No problem on the name. :)

I wanted to let you know this has been added to our list to investigate. Sorry for any inconvenience this is causing in the meantime.

Thanks for reporting this.
Posted 11 years ago
raymoncy says:
You are welcome. Staying at your disposal.
Posted 11 years ago
(closed account) says:
I discovered exactly the same problem. I complete repeated notes mostly on the web, and sometimes also on my Android. Please fix it. Some Notes have been rather importend and I had to reconstruct it, which took me a while...
Posted 11 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi mila77,
You'll want to make sure you use the "every" repeating option to make your notes preserve across instances; with "after" tasks the notes will not carry over.

(The bug Cyrille mentioned above was slightly different: even when using "after" repeats, the notes may carry over when completed from the Android app.)

Hope that helps!
Posted 11 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.