Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Making notes visible in the task list possible?

rmervart says:
When I look at all the tasks in a list (without selecting one) there is no visibility whether any task has a note attached or not. I take it there is no way to know without looking at each task individually whether it has or has not a note attached? If there was at least some little icon in the line of each task that has note(s) it would be great help. Even better if clicking on that little icon the related note(s) would be displayed.
Roman
Posted at 5:03pm on January 18, 2007
ranbarton Power Poster says:
This terrific idea has been suggested so many times - all we need is a teeny tiny little icon lurking on the right, but we could also imagine Gmail like snippets, or something to trigger us to think "there's a note here."

It's not as cool as your wonderful Gcal integration, but what an improvement it would be to this usability boobytrap.
Posted 17 years ago
rmervart says:
Exactlly. It does seem rather basic shortcoming. I hope the developer will be able to offer something on suggested lines for notes visibility.
Practically all my tasks are not calendar related and so integration with calender is not for me anyway.
Roman
Posted 17 years ago
jamezzz says:
Yes, this would be great! I'd actually prefer a snippet of the note displayed and would really like to see the notes printed out as well. Sometimes I'll have a task to run an errand to some store and I'll have the list of things to buy in the notes. Right now I have to print the task list and Notes separately.
Posted 17 years ago
kentv999 says:
I have to put my vote in on this one. In addition to an indicator in List mode, I would also like to be able to see the notes "right up front" when I select a task. As of now there is a note indicator, but you have to click the notes tab to see it. I think the "Notes" feature is great, but as of now it has limited use due to the fact it is difficult to get to the data.
Posted 17 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.