Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Can't tag multiple items at once

martin.polley says:
If I select multiple items and apply a tag, the tag only "sticks" to the last (lowest) selected item, and not to all items, as I would expect.
Posted at 10:24am on December 18, 2006
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Martin, are you using the multi-edit mode? (When we first launched the site, it was only possible to edit the properties of one task at a time -- we added this mode to make editing multiple tasks possible.) There are also more details on tagging multiple tasks here. Hope this helps!
Posted 17 years ago
martin.polley says:
Hi Emily,

Oh yeah, RTFM... Nice feature, by the way :)

Thanks,

Martin
Posted 17 years ago
martin.polley says:
BTW, I find myself adding the same note to multiple tasks sometimes (e.g., for multiple tasks that relate to release 7.2.1, for which the release date is ).

Any chance that this can be enabled in multi-edit mode too?

Ta,

Martin
Posted 17 years ago
gms8994 says:
emily -

Can this work in reverse - IE, selecting multiple tasks, going to multi-edit mode, and 'removing' tags, maybe via !, or -, and then it would remove that tag from all of them that match.

Thanks
Posted 17 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Martin, right now multi-edit is only for editing task properties -- we don't currently have plans to extend this to notes, but we'll definitely be looking at ways we can improve the notes feature.

gms8994, interesting idea. I know that there have been a few requests for more tag management features (which would make removing/renaming tags etc possible).
Posted 17 years ago
juanedu says:
I'm having the same problem. Multi-edit mode is enabled.
Posted 17 years ago
juanedu says:
More info. It seems to be an ajax refresh issue.
I openend IE6 and logged in: all the tasks were already updated (I actually use FF2).
Posted 17 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.