Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Will this ever be downloadable?

marqpdx says:
Hi All,
Great 'ware!
Will this ever be downloadable? There's times i have my laptop but can't connect to the internet. Would love to set it up locally, and then just connect to my laptop from other machines when i'm not-mobile.

Will there ever be a downloadable version?
thx,
m
Posted at 6:21pm on November 22, 2006
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
An offline version is something that we may look at if people are interested. In the meantime, it's possible to view your task lists in software such as Apple iCal and Mozilla Sunbird -- this is a useful way to have offline access. More details are available here. Hope this helps!
Posted 17 years ago
marqpdx says:
hi Emily,
I'd be interested! there's a number of cases where it'd be great to have access to the code for private labeling and/or adding features as well.

You can add me to that list.

In anycase, RTM rocks!! Thanks!
m
Posted 17 years ago
fiestaforever says:
Yes, +1

A downloadable version for offline use, but it should sync your tasks when you go back online.

BTW, I just encountered a situation where my tasks list wouldn't load properly. But that's another post.
Posted 17 years ago
ranbarton Power Poster says:
If there was a way to get an offline batch of tasks to sync with the online batch, well then you'd really be onto something...
Posted 17 years ago
nick.kearney says:
I use Sunbird as a calendar. When I open it it syncs to RTM and all the tasks appear in the calendar, either as timed events or as tasks at the top of the day they are assigned to. i have been mostly offline for a couple of weeks (connecting when I could) and it worked OK. Give it a try it is not hard to set up, I find I dont actually type anything into Sunbird I just use it as a calendar viewer of RTM.
Now if I could just get Lightning to work I could sync Thunderbird to Sunbird as well and then...sorry, this is an RTM forum:)
Posted 17 years ago
argotnaut says:
My two cents: I'm accessing my RTM lists in Evolution (Linux) on two different computers, so that I'm always in sync. However, I do often have the need to work with my lists while offline.

I would KILL to be able to add/edit/mark items completed while offline, and then have write access to my lists when I take Evolution back online.

KILL, I say!
Posted 17 years ago
rob.schmit says:
As the world as get more mobile by the minute, and not every where you can be on-line. This App would really add benefits if you can work off line and synchronize. Count me in on it as a supporter for this demand
Posted 17 years ago
pbeens says:
This may help you while you are offline or using a PDA:

Find out what your RTM email address is and enter it in your email program address book. I use the name "Milk" for mine so it it easy to find. Then, when you think of something you want added to your to-do list, just send an email to your RTM account. The next time you go online (or sync your PDA) the to-do list will be sent to your RTM inbox. This, together with a daily printout of my tasks works for me.
Posted 17 years ago
adam.buckeridge says:
It would be great to have an offline version that syncs , either a java version that would work on all platforms , or a javamidlet version that could work on a mobile phone?

Posted 17 years ago
benpage26 says:
Count me in too. I think i said something like this earlier.
Posted 17 years ago
michaeljames says:
An offline, stand-alone app that syncs would be brilliant. It would really make this system complete--leaps and bounds ahead of other task management systems.
Posted 17 years ago
nk3 says:
We miss PDA support. At minimum, be able to download your next xx days tasks and browse thru them offline
Posted 17 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.