Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Virgin Mobile UK

andy.wall says:
I have been having problems getting the SMS reminders to work on my Virgin Mobile (UK) Motorolla V210.
I noticed a few people having problems so I contacted Virgin. They said "Right now, Virgin Mobile doesn't offer a direct email service from your phone, although we're continually exploring new ways to help our customers get the best out of this service."

Not surwe wether they understood my request but it doesn't look good.

Any one had any luck with SMS reminders on Virgin?
Posted at 8:20pm on October 12, 2006
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Andy, thanks for letting us know. It sounds like Virgin UK may have discontinued their email-to-SMS service (Virgin Australia discontinued the service here, so it may be a worldwide policy). I'm not sure if they have any plans to support it again, but unfortunately we're not able to send SMS reminders to networks that don't support email-to-SMS. We'll see if we can find out any more info, otherwise we'll remove it from our list of supported networks.
Posted 17 years ago
andy.wall says:
This has been bugging me because my service DOES offer ability to send to an email address.

So, I sent an email by phone. There is a reply address. I replied by email. It works.

Conclusion. Virgin UK DO offer the Email to SMS they just arent telling people about it.

Maybe worth trying this on other services?
Posted 17 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Hmm, that's interesting -- does it give a unique email address to your phone? The address that we have is the format phonenumber@vxtras.com -- I don't know if they support using that for email-to-SMS anymore. If you can let us know a format that works (please email us at [old address removed]) then we can try it out. Thanks!
Posted 17 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.