Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

How to only have one annual event at a time appearing

photojen says:
Hi there,
I have an event that repeats annually (eye doctor appt). Having just completed that task for this year, I marked it complete. However, apparently, I had already marked it complete, and the one it thought I marked as complete was for 2007. At which point, it created a 2008 instance. This means I now have two events showing for two years in the future. Ideally, I'd like to have the repeating event only display itself when it gets reasonably close to when it's due - like maybe start appearing two months out. How do I do that? Or, at the very least, get rid of one of my now two identical tasks without destroying it permanently! (Or is that how I should do it? Delete and recreate the event altogether!)
Hope I'm making sense.
Thanks,
Jen
Posted at 4:04pm on October 9, 2006
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Jen, good question :)

Once a repeating task has been completed, the next instance will automatically be generated (if it hasn't already been generated). Unfortunately this makes it possible to end up with multiple incomplete instances of a task (e.g. by completing the task and undoing the completion).

There are two ways to clear this up if you'd only like one incomplete instance to be shown.

A) Delete both incomplete instances, which will stop the task from repeating. Then, create a new repeating task.

OR

B) Delete just the 2008 instance. This will stop the task from repeating, so you'll then need to go to the remaining 2007 instance and re-set the repeating option.

Hope this makes sense -- if not, please let me know :)
Posted 17 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.