Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

RTM "jumpy" in Firefox

photojen says:
New to RTM as of yesterday, so I'm still getting used to it, but I like it a lot. The problem is that it doesn't seem to function properly for me in Firefox. I can log in and get to my default list of tasks, but whenever I try to go to a different list, it shoots me back to the overview window. So I hit tasks, and it gives me my default list. But when I try to click on a different list, it reloads the overview window. Bottom line: I can never get to the tasks I want!

It works fine in IE, but I would really prefer to not use IE, and you obviously have Firefox users since you've got the Quick Add feature working for that! (Awesome idea, btw.)

Can you help me figure out why my RTM is acting so strange in Firefox? Did the same thing to me yesterday and today, unfortunately. I was hoping it was a server issue on your end, but doesn't appear to be...

Many thanks in advance.
Posted at 1:27pm on September 15, 2006
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Firstly, welcome :)

Regarding your problem, do you have any Firefox extensions installed? There's one in particular that causes behaviour like this (Tabbrowser), but there may be others that cause problems too.
Posted 17 years ago
photojen says:
Hm. Yes. I do have extensions installed in Firefox, and Tabbrowser Extensions is one of them. Disabling and trying again...

Yup. That fixes it. You're brilliant, but I'm sad to not be able to have TBE working at the same time. What other ones have you found to be problematic and is there a workaround for the TBE thing? Or might this be solved in future?

Thanks, too, for your speedy reply to my initial post.
Posted 17 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Unfortunately the problem is with TBE and we're not able to work around it -- we reported this to the developer a while ago, but we haven't heard back (I'm unsure if he's still fixing bugs). This page on the developer's website describes why Mozilla discourages the use of the extension, and the developer himself recommends using other extensions instead of TBE, so unfortunately it doesn't sound like the problem will be fixed.

This is the only extension that we're aware of that causes problems with Remember The Milk currently, although there may be others that we just haven't discovered yet :)
Posted 17 years ago
photojen says:
Totally understand. I'm still really psyched you were able to immediately identify the problem!

Thanks again.
Posted 17 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.