Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

unwanted completed tasks via iCalendar service

branch says:
i have subscribed to my tasks with the 'icalendar service' in my calendar software (yagoon time), and the subscription works, but i am getting all of my completed tasks as well as the incomplete ones. i would like to see only the ones that i still have to do, if this is possible. the events service does not seem to have this problem, but i prefer the actual todo format. thanks for your help.
Posted at 8:48pm on August 14, 2006
branch says:
as a followup - i would also be happy to have all of the completed tasks if they were at least marked as such! this would actually be the best solution. but right now they are all listed as incomplete tasks, with an empty 'completed' field, as though there is no mapping for this field at all.
Posted 17 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
The iCalendar (Events) service only includes incomplete tasks as events (as most software cannot handle completed events).

However, the regular iCalendar service includes both incomplete and completed tasks, and indicates their status. Are you able to check if your software correctly handles completed iCalendar tasks, and if it has refreshed the feed to indicate which tasks are completed?

Thanks!
Posted 17 years ago
branch says:
how would i check independently of the rtm icalendar service whether my program correctly handles completed icalendar tasks? it certainly is meant to do so! the feed seems otherwise up-to-date, so that is not the problem.
Posted 17 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
We checked into this further -- it looks like Yagoon Time does not understand 'COMPLETED' date/time values not in UTC. We're providing iCalendar feeds in a standard format, so unfortunately there isn't anything that we can do on our end to make this work with Yagoon (as this format works with iCal, Sunbird, etc) -- perhaps you could report this to the Yagoon developer, as they may be able to fix this for the next version of the product. Sorry we can't be of more help!
Posted 17 years ago
branch says:
thank you for looking into this. i will try to resolve it with the yagoon folks!
Posted 17 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.