Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Problems emailing in tasks

gog says:
Hi--I'm trying this out and it looks awesome! But. I've tried about five different ways to email tasks to my inbox, and none of them have shown up; I tried with the task as the subject and a few details in the body, with just the task and empty body, with "Personal" as the subject and a short list in the body of the email...nothing is coming through. I also tried making sure I had my browser closed when I sent the email, and also tried being logged out when emailing. No luck. Is it a glitch, or am I doing something wrong?
Posted at 2:42am on August 7, 2006
jerkolber says:
same deal ...trying it out but cant get emails to show up in tasks!! what gives?
Posted 17 years ago
gog says:
Now they've shown up, hours later...weird. Maybe the server (or the internet in general) needed to burp. At least we know it works. :-)
Posted 17 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
There was a temporary issue that caused a delay in some of the emailed in tasks appearing in accounts (or as gog put it, the server needed to burp :) All emailed in tasks should now appear -- please let us know if you experience any further problems!
Posted 17 years ago
jsolek says:
I am having a bit of a problem emailing in tasks. According to the help, I should be able to specify the folder I want the tasks to appear in as the Subject and the list of tasks with line breaks in the body of the message. My assumption would be that if I had 5 tasks to put in folder called "school" I would email with school as the subject and put the tasks individually in the body of the message with line breaks. However, instead of 5 separate tasks appearing in the folder, they all appear in the inbox as one task named after the subject and the tasks end up in the notes. is the help file out of date or is there a problem?
Posted 17 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
jsolek, just checking -- are you emailing the 'Import Email Address' (it contains a '+import')? If you're still experiencing problems, can you please email us at [old address removed] with a copy of the email that you're sending in? We can check this out and see why it isn't being processed properly. Thanks!
Posted 17 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.