Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

View different lists in Google Calendar Sidebar

jeanne.faulconer says:
I added RTM to my Google Calendar. I can see tasks arranged by due date, but I cannot see a way to switch to view all items on a list.

For instance, I don't really want to know what I have to do today and tomorrow in my sidebar, I want to look at all the items under one kid's name or one project list in my sidebar.

When I click on settings, the option I get is to show or hide undated tasks, but nothing to click on to display particular lists.

I tried searching for this on the forum but must not know how to ask the question with good search terms, as I got no hits. I apologize if this has been answered; it seems it would be a common question.

Thanks
Jeanne
Posted at 1:55pm on June 22, 2010
jeanne.faulconer says:
I should have added - the reason I thought I could view tasks list-by-list is that RTM's Help page says:

The Sidebar Gadget allows you to manage your tasks in Google Calendar:

* Review your upcoming tasks for the week
* Add new tasks and edit existing ones
* Easily complete and postpone tasks
* Review your overdue tasks
* Optionally show tasks with no due date
* Display tasks from a particular list or Smart List
#
So I thought I would indeed be able to display tasks from a particular list or Smart list in my sidebar gadget. Figuring I just don't know how to toggle to get to a list view rather than a by day view. A view by due date is kind of, well, redundant when viewed beside a calendar. I know WHEN stuff is due. I want to be able to view my tasks by list/category.

Thanks. Hope this clarifies why I expected to find the ability to display tasks from particular lists.
Posted 13 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
You can change the visible list in the gadget's Settings, where you also set the option for undated tasks. (There should be a combo box where you can select the list.)

If that's not showing up for you, would it be possible to submit a Google Calendar issue report via our support system?

Please select the issue that you're experiencing from the list on the left, and follow the steps shown. If your issue isn't listed, just click on "I'd like to report a new issue" on the left.

Your report should provide all the info that we need to investigate further, but we'll be in touch via email if we require any more details.

Thanks!
Posted 13 years ago
jeanne.faulconer says:
Ah! That shows up! Got it! Thank you. But does that mean I have to go thru this process to switch lists each time? Seems like a lot of clicks. Anyway, I am happier now! Thx
Posted 13 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.