Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

moving tasks to another list

comunica says:
Quite often when I try to move tasks from one list to another the progress icon keeps on running and after a while I get the next message:

"There was a problem reaching the server. Are you connected to the Internet? (tasks.moveTo failed.) Try again?"

Same happens after trying a number of times...

Thanks!

Alvaro
Posted at 3:00pm on June 29, 2006
ranbarton Power Poster says:
I have this issue, too, and always have. The more tasks I attempt, the worse.

Often logging off and back in is the only way to see if it worked or not.
Posted 17 years ago
comunica says:
Already tried that ...and still doesn't work.

Alvaro
Posted 17 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Alvaro and Ran (and anyone else who experiences this problem) -- are you moving tasks from a regular list or from a Smart List?

Also, which browser and operating system are you using when this happens?

Thanks!
Posted 17 years ago
From a smart list to a regular list is my usual mode when it seems balky (it's when I am archiving).

It happens in three environments - Win XP SP2/IE6; Win XP SP2/FF1.5; and OS X (10.3 and 10.4)/Camino.

I would be happy to provide more detailed reports if that would assist in any sort of trouble shooting on your end.
Posted 17 years ago
comunica says:
Regular list to regular list.

Browsers: Firefox and Internet Explorer

Thanks!
Posted 17 years ago
(closed account) says:
I am having the same problems and so is my assistant, both in PC and Mac environments. We seem to experience this most often on our shared lists.
Using Safari, Internet Explorer
Just wondering if there is anything new on this problem.
thanks so much!
Posted 17 years ago
Shared lists may be a different issue -- if you can email us at [old address removed] with your username and your contact's username, the list affected, and the tasks affected, we'd be happy to investigate this further. Thanks!
Posted 17 years ago
For those having problems moving tasks from one list to another, just thought I'd post that this should be fixed now. It turns out things were a little slow on our side, and we've now improved the speed of moving tasks by a factor of around 10,000 :)

Please let us know if you continue to experience problems or if you notice any other actions performing slowly -- we'd like to make everything as fast as possible. Thanks!
Posted 17 years ago
Great news, Emily. I won't dread my next archiving session.
Posted 17 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.