Välkommen!  Svenska Language Switcher

GMail + RTM extenstion stops GMail loading

cosmichound says:

I've installed the RTM plugin for GMail. I had to set my language to US English to get the new GMail version.

But, now when I go to GMail I get the "this page is taking longer than usual to load" screen and it never loads.

I can get round this by selecting 'Basic View', letting that load, then selecting 'Standard View' and after that it works fine until I restart the browser.

I'm using Firefox 2 and I don't think it's a clash with other extensions as it does the same on a couple of other machines (which have different extenstion) too.

Cheers,

Posted at 10:37am on January 17, 2008

sosnowsk says:

This happened to me several times the other day. I suspected it was a google problem at the time, but I don't know for sure. Its been fine lately, no loading issues at all.
(I'm using Firefox 2, Vista)

Posted 6 years ago

emily (Remember The Milk) says:

Just wanted to mention that the RTM extension can only load after Gmail has successfully loaded -- so if you're receiving this message in Gmail, it's most likely a temporary Gmail issue (these are usually resolved very quickly) or a connection issue. Hope this helps!

Posted 6 years ago

luebster says:

I've noticed too that the URL in the address bar sometimes has some querystrings or whatnot leftover from a previous session, which causes the Loading... message to persist.

Simply truncating the URL back to the root and hitting go (or pressing enter) fixes this for me.

Posted 6 years ago

This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.