Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

A Bit Better RTM - standalone Firefox extension

andrew.paprotsky says:
Greasemonkey script (http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/32518) extended with drag-n-drop functionality and compiled into standalone Firefox extension.

Features:

- display list tabs to the left
- drag-and-drop list re-ordering
- drag-and-drop move tasks between lists
- display tasks count
- resizable task list
- hide useless lists (available through Settings -> Lists)
- unique URL for lists and tasks
- configuration section under Settings --> A Bit Better RTM

Shortcuts:

- "Shift + j / k" - switch between lists (Shift + o - open selected list)
- "Ctrl + g" - Go to list. Displays a popup for selecting a list to go to.
- "Ctrl + m" - Move to list. Displays a popup for selecting a list to move tasks to.
- "q" - quick add list
- "/" - focus search box
Posted at 7:03pm on October 24, 2009
andrew.paprotsky says:
Direct link to the extension - https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/14832
Posted 14 years ago
johnfoland says:
Wow, this looks excellent! Thank you!
Posted 14 years ago
(closed account) says:
Awesome. This is the way RTM should be by default. Thanks for your hard work!
Posted 14 years ago
leah.shalom Power Poster says:
andrew.paprotsky,

Great job on the extension. I added it this morning to Firefox on a PC (version 3.5.3) and found that with the extension, RTM ran very slowly (15-30 seconds for clicks to take effect, brief page freezes on RTM....). Does the extension work best with certain versions or better on a Mac?

(I do not use Gears.)

Thanks,
Leah
Posted 14 years ago
andrew.paprotsky says:
Hi Leah,
The extension works fine on PC with Firefox 3.5.3. Could you please try to disable tasks count through Settings --> A Bit Better RTM --> Tasks Count? Let me know if it helps.
Regards,
Andrew
Posted 14 years ago
Andrew,

Thanks for the suggestion. Turning off the task count didn't seem to make a difference, but turning off the Quick Add did (and I can still use the Smart Add RTM feature).

Thanks,
Leah
Posted 14 years ago
Andrew,

I have been trying different settings this morning. It seems that the quickest is to leave on only the tabs on the left . I am still able to use all of your other excellent features.

Thanks again!
Leah
Posted 14 years ago
(closed account) says:
Great work, appreciate your efforts.
Posted 14 years ago
(closed account) says:
I'm noticing 2 bugs:

1) After navigating to a smart list, the color doesn't revert back to blue. It stays black, making it impossible to tell the difference between smart lists and regular lists.

2) The "sort-by" pop-up is moved all the way to the right of the notes / details box.
Posted 14 years ago
(closed account) says:
Also, it looks like the "Sent" list is always hidden, and I cannot show it.

That is not exactly a dealbreaker for me, since I hate that list and wanted it gone anyway, just pointing it out to you.
Posted 14 years ago
(closed account) says:
Nevermind, it's that when you un-hide a list, you have to re-load the page to get it to show up again.
Posted 14 years ago
(closed account) says:
Awesome! I will definately keep this installed
Posted 14 years ago
pmlurie says:
- drag-and-drop move tasks between lists

Can't seem to determine how to do this in Firefox. Help appreciated.

Paul
Posted 14 years ago
andrew.paprotsky says:
Hi Paul,
Just click on the dotted section to the left of a task, drag the task and drop on a list.
Posted 14 years ago
(closed account) says:
Pretty seriously broken in the newest Chrome Dev builds:

That's about as good as it's been looking since the recent build.
Posted 14 years ago
jake.solomon says:
Can't get dnd to work for tasks in FF 3.5...
Posted 14 years ago
andrew.paprotsky says:
Latest version of the Chrome extension (0.0.2.6) works without layout issues.
Posted 14 years ago
(closed account) says:
Nice. I see you also fixed the loss of focus after moving to a different list.

Good work, Andrew.
Posted 14 years ago
phildubach says:
Nice work. I've disabled the extension again, though, since Firefox warns me that some parts of the page are transferred unencrypted (I use https to access RTM). Without the extension, everything gets encrypted.

Here's hoping the guys at RTM will implement drag&drop in the vanilla interface soon.
Posted 14 years ago
johnjlewis says:
One of the features is "resizable task list." What is this? How/why would I need to resize a task list?
Posted 14 years ago
andrew.paprotsky says:
By dragging right side of the tasks list you can change the width of the list. This is mostly helpful when you have a wide screen and long task names.
Posted 14 years ago
organisator says:
Here you can find it for Chrome: https://chrome.google.com/extensions/detail/glcdefibajbglmeelclffdbakgjjjopc
Posted 14 years ago
campbead says:
Andrew I really like this script but it would be great if you could easily delete a list.
Posted 13 years ago
minim_c says:
Finally! "Add list" up front so making a new project list isn't a multi-click chore! Three cheers!
Posted 13 years ago
jdfalk says:
I hardly ever used the default RTM web interface before adding this Firefox extension. Thank you!
Posted 13 years ago
amoslemi says:
The rtm devs will never do this because someone else has. But if anyone from rtm is reading this, I get that, and it's the right decision, but could you help this guy out with the script, just a little?
Posted 13 years ago
enrico.franconi says:
@ andrew.paprotsky : is there any hope to see a version for Safari 5 as an extension? Now Safari 5 has a public API to build extensions.
Posted 13 years ago
(closed account) says:
Hi
This is a great addition to RTM, thanks for the hard work that has gone into producing it. Hopefully it will be incorporated into the core product at some point in the future.
One additional 'nice to have' would be to re-order items in a list by dragging and dropping, would that be possible?
Posted 13 years ago
tatiana.colli says:
Thank you this is amazing! I agree, it should be included in the original rtm, at least the drag and drop feature.
Posted 13 years ago
schiegl says:
great plugin! love it!

would even be better if accessing RTM via https wouldn't result in mixed, i.e. http/https content - gives a securty warning.
ico_add.gif is once included via http. Doesn't happen with this plugin disabled. thx.
Posted 13 years ago
(closed account) says:
Just the ability to create a list with one click is awesome!
Posted 13 years ago
rmcmullan says:
Just wanted to send some thanks. Being able to pour through my weekly review without using the mouse (Ctrl+M is crucial) has been key to my getting facile with this tool.
Posted 13 years ago
(closed account) says:
This wonderful extension has been broken for several days. Will it be repaired?
Posted 13 years ago
nordender says:
All I can say is: Wonderful!!!!
Thank you very very much!! Greetings from Frankfurt, Germany
Posted 12 years ago
bugsie says:
Hmmm... Doesn't display correctly on my netbook...
Posted 12 years ago
bugsie says:
Restarted Firefox again and it looks fine now. So far so good - very good interface for RTM!
Posted 12 years ago
eric.chapman says:
I have you a suggestion -
I am a RTM user - using it for Getting Things Done. Each project is its own list.
P - Project1
P - Project2
with all kinds of items in each. Each are tagged home, errands, work etc. and if they are a next action 'na' -
the next actions of a project show up in smartlists.
Do you think it's possible to autocreate an item (via email perhaps) - to tell me when there is no longer an item tagged 'na' in any list prefixed with a P - ? - this would kind of give me a heads up before the weekly review.
so for example - i finish the last item tagged na in Project1 (there are still several items in Project1) - I would like a NEW item to show up in my inbox titled "Hey Eric... You need to Come up with a next action for P - Project1"
You would definately get a good donation out of me if you could fanagle this feature.
Posted 12 years ago
tim.visher says:
_Love_ this extension.

Any chance of maintaining the source in Git et al? I have some ideas that I'd really like to see implemented and wouldn't mind getting my hands dirty to do it.

Thanks!
Posted 12 years ago
tim.visher says:
Any idea if you'll open source this?
Posted 12 years ago
(closed account) says:
A Bit Better RTM is use a OSX Safari ?
Posted 10 years ago