Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

Prepare for exams with RTM

qoqosz says:
Hi,

Being a student is a hard work ;) Tons of lecture notes, homeworks, classes and so on. But the worst are exams. Time which you have to spend in order to prepare properly and amount of knowledge to master can be overwhelming.

Fortunately Remember The Milk comes in handy!
That's the way I always use RTM before exams:

1. I look through all my notes and gather all the stuff in one place
2. I segregate chronologically all the notes and divide them into sections and subsections (or chapters and subchapters if you want)
3. Then I use list or smart list (whatever is convenient for you) to put all the names of sections and subsections as a tasks (it's helpful to put an id number at the beginning of a task name and use "Sort by Task Name" view)
4. Not to be distracted by computer, I print newly created list and start learning - 'task' by 'task'

With such a system I have a clear view of how much work is needed and also how much time (approximately) will it take to get prepared for an exam.

As a physics student I have Study list and two major smart lists connected with this list: @Maths (list:Study and tag:@maths) and @Physics (list:Study and tag:@physics) which are always 'overfilled' before exams ;)
Posted at 5:27pm on August 13, 2009
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Hey qoqosz,

Just wanted to let you know that we've upgraded your account to have a free year of Pro, as this tip is a Tips & Tricks Tuesday winner. :)
Posted 14 years ago