Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

Daily Task Summary by email

(closed account) says:
Any idea how I could set up a daily automated email showing a summary of tasks with notations of which group or priority they have?
Posted at 11:52am on May 12, 2008
ranbarton Power Poster says:
Back of the envelope, I see two ways:

1) Building on the Atom feed of a smartlist that has the tasks you wish to have sent, use some sort of Atom to RSS conversion tool, then use one of the many RSS-to-email tools on the web, and then duct tape all of that together with some sort of cron like scheduling.

2) Beg the vast RTM development team to enable more robust customization of the daily email functionality.

Good luck and let us know what you come up with.
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
ranbarton, thanks very much for your response. I'll give it (option 1) a crack and see how I go. I'll let you know the outcome. Option 2 - I'll try that too! Having looked through posts from many months ago I think it would be a great addition to the feature set that many would enjoy.
Posted 15 years ago
joe.golton says:
I'm already getting a daily automated email showing my Google Calendar items - and this includes the items from RTM. To do this you need to:

1) Set up a smart list in RTM for "AllTasks" by searching for all tasks and saving it as a smart list called "AllTasks" (or whatever other name you prefer).

2) Follow RTM's instructions on using iCal to post AllTasks to Google Calendar.

3) Go into Google Calendar's settings, then calendars, then the RTM Calendar Notification (check "Daily Agenda")
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
Hi Joe, thanks for your post. Does this include past items or everything in your database?
Posted 15 years ago
joe.golton says:
Not sure I understand your question. The link to Google Calendar from RTM displays only items that have due dates (of today or later). The daily email agenda from Google shows only the dated tasks for today.

Looking at your original question - this doesn't give you everything you want as the only thing included in the daily agenda is the name of the item (no priority or any other information about the item)
Posted 15 years ago