Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

Getting your iPhone fix on your desktop.

jjeudymd says:
Some of you may be familiar with the user agent plugin for Firefox which allows you to emulate different browser environments. With a quick switch you can have your Firefox browser pretend it's an iPhone.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/59

1) Install User Agent Switcher Firefox extension

2) Add a new User Agent and supply the following information (Tools > User Agent Switcher > Options)

3) in the User Agent field type:

Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/1A543a Safari/419.3

4) Hit 'OK'

Now go to the iPhone portal for RTM. Voila!

5) Now pay for a PRO account!! (Yeah, my checks in the mail!!!)
Posted at 2:56am on November 8, 2007
drummergirl says:
I have a slightly different spin on this that works for me (a mac user). I surf with FireFox, but I keep Safari open to the iPhone version of RTM and I resize the window to as narrow as possible. I then launch RTM on the fly from the dock by clicking on the Safari icon. I also have the iPhone RTM bookmarked first on the toolbar for easy loading if I ever need to close Safari or reboot, etc.

I'm finding that it makes a quick and easy way to enter and review tasks as I'm working on my mac. When I am away, I use my iPhone. Either way, I am using the same interface most of the time for consistency.
Posted 16 years ago
shryn says:
You could also use iPhoney to keep your RTM visible without having to resize Safari.
Posted 16 years ago