Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

What to bring for the day ("Bring" tag w/ reminders)

racheocity says:
I go to college, and live off-campus. I usually leave my house in the morning, stay on campus all day, then return late at night. This means that I need to make sure I have ALL of my things I need for random classes/meetings/clubs/working out, etc., since it's not really possible to get home between things. (This probably applies to anyone who works full-time also, and can't go home to get things in the middle of the day).

I made myself a tag to keep track of what I need to bring with me. Each task's name is the day of the week, and also has a due date of whatever day it is. Right now I have them repeating weekly (since a lot of stuff tends to repeat weekly in the college world), then I just add/subtract items as necessary. I list all the things I need to remember to bring in the notes. I set a reminder for a bit before I need to leave that day, since I know I will have my phone on me. Then, when I get the reminder just before I leave the house, I can check to make sure I have everything on the list, and grab anything I forgot.

Also, I also have 2 smart lists: 1 called "bring today" and 1 called "bring tomorrow"- pretty simple, they have search functions of (respectively):

tag:bring AND due:today
tag:bring AND due:tomorrow

sometimes I look at what I need to bring the next day so I can pack at night, and sometimes I look at what I need to bring for the day so I can pack in the morning :)

sometimes if I need to bring stuff in the middle of the day (e.g. just from one specific class to another), I just add a new, one time event to the bring tag with a reminder for that time of day instead of the morning.
Posted at 4:48am on February 14, 2013
mike_weidlich says:
Good idea! Thank you for sharing it!
Posted 11 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi racheocity,

Great tip! You're this week's Tips & Tricks Tuesday winner, and we've added a free year of Remember The Milk Pro to your account. :)
Posted 10 years ago