Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

Has anyone found a good way to keep Google Calendar updated?

(closed account) says:
I created a search in RTM which picks up everything (it is Incomplete and completed).

I subscribed to this calendar on my main Google Calendar. But, as others have noted here and elsewhere, Google doesn't refresh or update subscribed calendars very often.

I want to have changes in RTM propagate in my google calendar quickly.

So, my options are:

1. Just create the todo for the meeting in RTM and again in Google Calendar.

2. Create it in RTM and just wait for propagation (painful, sometimes takes a full day)

3. Just create some things like meetings in Google Calendar and not RTM.

4. Other?

I love the different ways I can get things into RTM - email, tweet, IM, SMS, etc. So, it is much easier to sent a tween for a meeting with bob at 1pm - and have it show up on my google calendar a short time later.

I guess I should just write a script to do this myself using the RTM API and CLI. But I was hoping for another option.

Thanks.
Posted at 9:29pm on September 24, 2012
brendan says:
Hi volcs0,
If you haven't seen them already, you may also want to take a look at these services that we offer for integration with Google Calendar.

The tasks won't show up as events on your calendar as they would with the iCalendar Events feed, but you may find that one of these fits with your workflow.

Hope this helps!
Posted 11 years ago
sonjakirsten says:
I have switched to ical because is syncs task changes of something on my RTM calendar in very fast. I then published ical on icloud and have it on all my i-devices.
Posted 11 years ago