Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

Tip for people living far from home

bordaigorl says:
I live far from home for long periods.
From time to time something like "next time I go back home I'll do this" pops in my mind...
Sometimes it's just "next time I'll get that cheese I cannot find here and I'll bring it back" or "I must remember to bring this book from here".
Some other it's more "I must visit this guy" or "send a postcard to that person".

So, in order to actually remember to do all this stuff, I set up a list named after my home country where I put all the things that randomly pop in my mind and that concern my next trip back home.
I use mainly two tags in that list: fromhere, athome and fromhome so that I can filter the fromhere ones when I pack to go home, the athome ones when I am there and the fromhome ones when I am leaving again.

I prefer a separate list instead of a location because I use locations for places I actually visit frequently: using a very far location I seldom go to clutters my "general purpose" list with tasks with no priority and no known due time and zooms out the map for no reason.
Posted at 11:54am on January 13, 2012
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi bordaigorl,

Thanks for sharing this! I think Bob T. Monkey will be making much use of this tip on his visits back to Australia. :)

You're this week's Tips & Tricks Tuesday winner, so we've added a free year of Pro to your Remember The Milk account.
Posted 11 years ago
bordaigorl says:
Thank you Emily!
I am really enjoying the pro version of the Android app...highly recommended!
Posted 11 years ago