Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

Planning for meetings

(closed account) says:
As I have to manage attendance and input to a lot of project meetings, I have developed an RTM system of tags that helps me to achieve this. To illustrate, lets consider 3 Projects called Red, Green and Blue. Each of these projects has various supporting meetings such as Project Reviews, Risk Meetings and Design Meetings. Now when I come across an issue that I need to raise in one of these meetings I just tag it with a “Mtg_ProjectName_MtgName” tag such as mtg_red_risk. Now I can use the tag to quickly find items for that meeting either in advance, or during the meeting. Better still, by using the tagContains: search operator, I can also set up smartlists to quickly show me all items for a given set of meetings, eg tagContains:"mtg_blue_" to allow me to prep for meetings. By also setting due dates to the date of the meeting I can produce a really powerful set of views that allow me to prepare much better in advance. Finally, I also have a mtg_action tag that I can apply to tasks that fall out of actions given to me in meetings which again allows to be quickly sort and search and ensure I have done what I need to do. Hope this is of interest.
Posted at 8:36am on January 6, 2012
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi reconfiguring,

Nice use of tagContains!

I just wanted to let you know that you're this week's Tips & Tricks Tuesday winner. We've added a free year of Pro to your account. :)
Posted 11 years ago
jmhoskins says:
Elegantly simple! Very nice.
Posted 11 years ago