Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

Lighweight yet useful Issue tracking

cadetblue says:
Issue / bug tracking is a must when running web or software business , but often a full fledged issue / bug tracking solution, like Bugzilla or Atlassian or ever Mantis BT could intimidate customers and collaborators, often featuring several levels of experience and skills; so a really lightweight solution able to put order in your activities and manage in a disciplinate way the issues you must face (like it or not) could make the difference between a wishful thinking failure and an humble success. So, there is nothing really smart in what I made, but at least it is a working solution with a 45 seconds setup effort. I setup the following tags: severity-feature, severity-trivial, severity-text, severity-layout, severity-minor, severity-major, severity-blocking. Then I have defined the following smart lists: "tagContains:severity AND NOT status:completed", aptly renamed issuesOpen, then - guess what? - I have setup the following smart list: "tagContains:severity AND status:completed", aptly renamed issuesClosed. Lastly, as soon as I receive some issues reported by mail from a customer, i immediately forward it to my RTM import email addres; then i add details about due date and I tag the activity according to the severity. The email body already contains the issue description, but i can edit it for clarity. Last, I share the activity with people in charge for the issue addressing. Then I start the issue monitoring by means of the smart lists. That's all. It works.
Posted at 3:45pm on October 7, 2011
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi cadetblue,

Great tip! You're this week's Tips & Tricks Tuesday winner, so we've added a free year of Pro to your Remember The Milk account. :)
Posted 11 years ago
krissa.swain says:
Wait - when did "status" become a field? I missed something?
Posted 11 years ago
brendan says:
Hi krissa.swain,
You can use the "status" search operator to filter either incomplete or completed tasks:

Hope that helps!
Posted 11 years ago