Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Ability to delete tasks

apgordon says:
Is there a way to delete tasks using the Gmail gadget that I'm not seeing? If not, this seems like something that would be really good to have. As is, I have to log in to rememberthemilk to delete tasks, which really cuts down on the functionality of the gadget! :)
Posted at 3:33pm on August 2, 2009
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
When you have a task selected (by hovering your mouse over it), you can delete it on the More menu (to the right of Complete and Postpone).
Posted 14 years ago
apgordon says:
@andrewski

Hey, thanks for the response. Hm, I still don't see it. The only options I have when I click the little down arrow to the left are: "complete," "postpone," and "edit."

Are you talking about the Firefox "add-on?" Maybe we're just talking about two different things.

Here's what I'm lookinng at:

http://www.rememberthemilk.com/services/gmail/gadget/

Posted 14 years ago
Oh, I apologize! I misread your post and thought you were talking about the extension, not the gadget! -_-

Anyhow, the gadget does not have this functionality. It's intentionally lightweight and is intended more as a "frontend" to RTM. You can click on "view" on the lower right of any task to open it on RTM, and from there you can delete it. The time it takes is pretty fast. Unfortunately, it was hard to strike a balance between features and usability in such a small area. :-/

Hope this helps!
Posted 14 years ago
apgordon says:
@andrewski

I totally get that - and it's great to have just sitting in my Gmail so that I can quickly add tasks in while I'm doing other things. It's not too big a deal to have to go to RTM to delete, just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing it somewhere. Thanks for the explanation.
Posted 14 years ago
ayongtom says:
I have the gadget (I think) and it has "options" on the lower right, not "view"
Posted 14 years ago
When editing a task in the gadget, "view" shows up on the lower right. "options" shows up when viewing a list of tasks.

To be clear, when viewing a task (not editing it), "more details" in the center will open the task in the website also.
Posted 14 years ago
amyjoy473 says:
I would like to be able to delete tasks from the task list on my android phone
Posted 7 years ago