Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Calendar picker for due dates

mark.pastor says:
You've got the little calendar icon right next to the due date text field. I keep clicking on that icon when I want to set a due date for a couple weeks or longer from now, expecting a mini-calendar to show up and let me click on a date.

It's not there.

Pretty please - I would find this a great add to the user (me) experience.

Thanks.
Posted at 3:13pm on April 17, 2008
Launched
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
A calendar picker for due dates became available when we launched the new Remember The Milk. Thanks for everyone's feedback on this, and we hope you've been enjoying this new feature!
Posted 7 years ago
kmich says:
I would also find a mini calendar popup for scheduling the due date very useful. Every time I click that little calendar I somehow expect a little calendar to pop up even though I know it doesn't. Please consider this feature and as always thanks for a fantastic task list!
Posted 15 years ago
wernst says:
Agreed. I've stopped clicking it, but only after clicking it about 150 times expecting to see a date-picker.
Posted 15 years ago
agampaa says:
I would expect the same, when you click on a calendar button you should see a calendar
Posted 15 years ago
erik says:
this is such an obvious (and oft-requested) thing. I thought maybe a greasemonkey wizard out there might try to tackle this one?
Posted 15 years ago
johnwin says:
yes please yes please yes please

At the mo I have to check a [gulp] PAPER calendar 8^0
Posted 15 years ago
cainmark says:
This is a great idea. I'd liek to se this as well.
Posted 15 years ago
jawnlam says:
Agreed. Much needed.
Posted 15 years ago
ranbarton Power Poster says:
This is all coded up, good looking, ready to go, and free.

http://stephencelis.com/projects/timeframe#example_information

Via Daring Fireball.
Posted 15 years ago
mojca.crnigoj says:
I agree, I would also like to have this feature.
Posted 15 years ago
raymond.bergmark Power Poster says:
If this is included in RTM it must be possible to select what day of the week is the first - Monday for me.
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
Dudes - No pop-up calendar is circa "TheGlobe.com"

Posted 15 years ago
rbmills says:
Just adding my vote for a pop-up date picker. Please, please! If I click on that calendar icon one more time...
Posted 15 years ago
robertbasil says:
I agree, I expected the calendar icon to open up a calendar when I click on it.
Posted 15 years ago
srshultz says:
in the igoogle ap, the only way to set a due date is to type it. This stinks. PLEASE add a calendar selection feature.

Posted 15 years ago
mazen says:
I add my vote; pop-up calendar please so we can select a date via mouse click(s) rather than typing. Admittedly, it will not have the smart AI features of the typed text, but most times it's sufficient, not to say expected.
Posted 15 years ago
derek.conjar says:
I love the smart typing feature, but a calendar is essential for the times you don't know the specific dates.

You've got my vote.
Posted 15 years ago
morgan.bondelid says:
+1
Posted 15 years ago
jeff.stephens says:
completely agree.
Posted 15 years ago
msrdanov says:
I also agree with folks that a calendar is essential.
Posted 15 years ago
bbewm says:
"Here, here" and hopefully 'soon, soon'
Posted 15 years ago
scottkesler says:
another hearty vote "yes" for calendar

Posted 15 years ago
nick.best says:
Me too. A must have feature.
Posted 15 years ago
big.bob says:
The good news: There is nothing wrong with my computer
The Bad news: Why is there no clickable calendar?????????

I mean, can ALL these people be wrong?
This IS the expected functiomality
Posted 15 years ago
zolbot says:
I too would LOVE to see a pop-up calendar.
Great Job so far
Posted 15 years ago
littenberg says:
Yes, please. At least a reference calendar for the current and next month, if not clickable.

Thanks for an excellent product.
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
Please. This is a very frustrating limitation. I would like to see a popup calendar on both the RTM site and iGoogle. Thank you!
Posted 15 years ago
rovingdan says:
yep this is a must have.

Or you could add the ability to do things like

Sunday in 1 month
Posted 15 years ago
jamesmcoats says:
add me to the list of beggars
Posted 15 years ago
gluek says:
+1 for popup calendar
Posted 15 years ago
apgordon says:
I don't want a pop up calendar, but I do want some kind of calendar so I know what due date to assign for tasks further in advance than 1 week. Maybe when the due date field is selected, there could be a small calendar below the "1 task selected" box.

I'm pretty sure HiTask has this feature and I think it's annoying. I like being able to type in my due dates as today, Friday, etc, and would find it really annoying to have to always click the number on a pop up calendar, but sometimes I definitely need something for into-the-future reference.

So, +1 (sort of).
Posted 15 years ago
azmoviez says:
Another vote for the popup calendar. Seriously, it's the one flaw in the system that prevents me from adding quick events.
Posted 15 years ago
bmljenny says:
yes please! The little calendar icon sitting there is too tempting, why doesn't it do anything! So frustrating!
Posted 15 years ago
michael.hund says:
Yes, I would very much like to see this feature as well.
Posted 15 years ago
ty.miller says:
+1 - a must have feature!
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
Check out the RTM Google Desktop Gadget located at www.catsoft.ch/gg/catsoftrtm.gg or add it through the desktop sidebar with Add Gadget, search for RTM. This includes a calendar for picking the due date. You can find a small screencast at http://screencast.com/t/22ldr2l5D1F.

Arthur
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
There are multiple DHTML calendars available out there. Not sure why this shouldn't be something easy to pop in the app. Setting due dates by having to look at another application for a calendar is ridiculous. Especially given you have an icon on the due date box which is standard for "click here for a pop-up calendar".
Posted 15 years ago
bragot says:
+1 -- This is an essential for any task management software.
Posted 15 years ago
beasteh says:
yes please include any type of calendar preferably interacitve so if you click a date you can see whats on that date like things to do and tasks due.
bolded dates mean things are on it :D and even times would be cool XD
Posted 15 years ago
roozbehghaffari says:
+1
Posted 15 years ago
bret.bowser says:
Add me to that list....
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
I'd just be happy with a calendar so I can see what day of the week a certain date falls on. :)
Posted 15 years ago
jef says:
+1
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
+1 for a popup calendar

... with a preference for 1 to 3 months ahead.
Posted 15 years ago
scottn says:
I too am waiting for a pop up calendar - until such time I really dont use RTM. I like to see a calendar when I assign dates. With RTM I have to go to another application look at a date and then enter in RTM. Waste of time.

Please add.....its Christmas....please.......
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
Agreed. Only thing is to have the original way of inputting time/dates as well.
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
Yeah, RTM definitely needs this functionality. I hate having to use another app or a paper calendar to figure out due dates. This should be a simple addition. Please!
Posted 15 years ago
kurzo says:
Not sure if this will help since it looks like a year's worth of people have asked for this, but I too would like to see a calendar added.

If there are no plans for this, maybe someone from RTM should chime in...
Posted 15 years ago
skylerj says:
why is this not added yet. The lack of this feature is so irritating it makes me want to stop using rtm.
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
I totally agree. I just signed up for a Pro account so I could use RTM on my iPhone. The no calendar thing is so counter intuitive, it is baffling. I get the whole smart thing, but I have got to be able to look at a calendar further out to decide a due date. I am not sure I want to use this with no drop down calendar... strange, very strange...
Posted 15 years ago
probe22 says:
I'm new to this today. Like the app, but the apparent lack of response to this issue makes me want to keep looking for something better. 'Organize ToDo' is a nice new Google gadget which can be maximized. It's got a pop-up calendar already.
Posted 15 years ago
slamp says:
Please add it, when you have time
Posted 15 years ago
duckreconmajor says:
This is the single most important thing that Remember the Milk is missing. I sure hope it will make it in soon.
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
Just want to add my vote to this feature as well. Actually, I was SHOCKED that something so trivial and important to managing dates is not there. I am coming from ToodleDo and this is available in every screen.

Please add it. OR atleast tell us why this simple feature requested for over a year has not been included. An explanation is always better than silence.
Posted 15 years ago
krissy says:
Hi everyone,

Thanks for your feedback. This feature has been added to the tasks for the developers to have a look at. As soon as I know when/if it will be included in an upcoming release, I'll let you know!
Posted 15 years ago
duckreconmajor says:
Hooray!

You have made many people happy on this day.
Posted 15 years ago
six41 says:
eggs-selent news!
Posted 15 years ago
patrick.dubus says:
Also very interested in this calendar function
Posted 15 years ago
erik says:
Sweet! Just in time for the one year anniversary of the start of this thread!

(sarcastic? yes, but it's rooted in love!)
Posted 14 years ago
(closed account) says:
RTM fans have got to be the most patient people in the world. If RTM was a Microsoft product, I can't help but wonder what kind of reaction this lack of action would get...
Posted 14 years ago
jds80 says:
Really looking forward to this..
Any progress in adding this function??
Posted 14 years ago
ahnaleeb says:
pretty pretty please?
Posted 14 years ago
bret.bowser says:
+1
Posted 14 years ago
machel says:
+1 Please !
Posted 14 years ago
samycchn says:
why need a Mini-Calendar? you just need to type mon, wed or even "today" and "tomorrow". fast and easy.
Posted 14 years ago
scottie_t says:
+1 please. Cheers!
Posted 14 years ago
gingerblue says:
Nope. We need a mini-calendar. Heck, I am really needing a full global calendar/task integration program. The date picker is so necessary, please, please, please do it!
Posted 14 years ago
mbaechtold says:
+1
Posted 14 years ago
davedunne says:
+1 vote for a calendar date picker.

@samycchn - "why need a Mini-Calendar? you just need to type mon, wed or even "today" and "tomorrow". fast and easy. "

example of use:

I want to add a reminder for task X for one month from now but I want it add it on a Saturday only. Right now I have to check a calendar to see what date the nearest Saturday is.
Posted 14 years ago
aljoscha says:
+1
Posted 14 years ago
erik says:
This is just my 6 month check-in on this thread. I wanted to say "hi" and confirm that, yes, a calendar picker is still sorely needed~

Posted 14 years ago
diazsp says:
+1
Posted 14 years ago
davescafe says:
This is a make-or-break feature for me. I really need it if RTM is going to be at all useful.
Posted 14 years ago
jaelms says:
+1

Definitely need a calender in RTM.
Posted 14 years ago
davedunne says:
Quick check in to make sure this is still in the mind of the developers.

I needed this feature again today. I am on vacation next week and wanted to schedule some tasks for the week after I get back but I didn't know what the dates for that week were.

It's a pity I have to go to a different application to pull up a calendar. Most other websites that have date inputs (like travel websites for example) have a date picker.
Posted 14 years ago
drcjboduma says:
I couldn't believe that this feature did not exist, I thought I was missing something. Very strange omission :-S
Posted 14 years ago
aleyzerovich says:
Why is this thread going on for a year, and no one has done anything?? RTM, hello????
+1
Posted 14 years ago
roekens says:
+1
Posted 14 years ago
(closed account) says:
Still not there???
Posted 14 years ago
russell.fabry says:
Looks like its too much to ask.

Anyone know of an RTM alternative?
I hate typing "mon," "wed," "tomorrow"

AAAAAAAGH
Posted 14 years ago
limitedmage says:
I agree, I'm tired of clicking on my taskbar clock just to see what date a task is due so I can write it on RTM. Please add a datepicker.
Posted 14 years ago
mattwiggins says:
+1

Glad I'm not the only person who has clicked and clicked the little calendar button hoping for one to pop up. I can't conceptualize a calendar more than a week away so that would be helpful. Orbitz and all those sites can do it, can't be that hard.
Posted 14 years ago
tim.williams says:
Wow. This is still not in the product. Yipes.

I tried RTM over a year ago and this is what caused me to drop it and now a year later...no progress.

It's so weird since RTM is so advanced in so many ways.
Posted 14 years ago
misanthropic777 says:
+1 again - i'm getting sick of doing date math in my head
Posted 14 years ago
amirmasoudabdol says:
+1
Posted 14 years ago
brad.couper says:
Calendar is essential!

I click the calendar icon just about everytime - it can't be too hard as just about every other website in the world with a date requirement has a selectable calendar!

Thanks you.
Posted 14 years ago
(closed account) says:
Absolutely - this is the most important thing I can think of to make RTM more useful. I'm constantly hitting the little calendar by instinct hoping a calendar pops up to choose the due date.

Thank you.
Posted 14 years ago
christian.skeels says:
I'm shocked that this thread has been going so long with no result. I'm a pro user and no calendar date pick is becoming so irritating that it's close to a deal breaker for me.
Posted 14 years ago
mwj.pms says:
no updates on this yet??

+100000000
Posted 14 years ago
erik says:
I'm back for my check in on this thread. Still no calendar as far as I can tell. I'm going to make a recurring task in my RTM so that I don't forget to check back in. See you guys in another 6 months!

:)
Posted 14 years ago
jamezzz says:
+1 Please
Posted 14 years ago
(closed account) says:
+1!!
Posted 14 years ago
stevensa says:
+1
Posted 14 years ago
biancolo says:
Wow, it's really weird, with all this feedback, and with RTM being so generally cool, that this feature hasn't been added. From a programming perspective, it's not hard (even if coding the JS from scratch rather than using something pre-built, there are a ton of examples out there to base the work on). You could continue to support text entry for those who prefer it, and if that weren't enough I wouldn't think it would be too hard to make it a toggleable preference.

Lots of people want it, a one-dayer to code, and can be done in a way that allows people to ignore it if desired. Seems like a slam dunk. Puzzled (but still love RTM).

In short, put me down as a +1. :-)

Jim
Posted 13 years ago
brad.couper says:
Hello RTM,

If I go PRO will you do it?

It is a must have - seriously!

Thanks.
Posted 13 years ago
ernfors says:
This is one of the first things a new user is surprised by not finding. It would simplify input a lot.

I often find myself switching to Outlook to look for the date of the next Friday or similar.
Posted 13 years ago
yaakov.shlafman says:
ernfors, you can simply type in "next Friday" and that gets correctly transformed into a valid date.

That said, I think the ability to select from a calendar is definitely missing here.
Posted 13 years ago
gloriaelena says:
Yo tambien necesito un calendario automático!!! por favor, a datepicker!
Posted 13 years ago
cherp123 says:
This is the one thing that is really bugging me about RTM. I frequently have a task I need to do "sometime in the first week of month X" and I want to slot it into a day... seeing a visual calendar is the most efficient way of doing this. Add my vote!
Posted 13 years ago
caffeineoverload says:
Please Please add a calender! I am a new user and that is one of the first things I noticed was missing. +1
Posted 13 years ago
(closed account) says:
Pop-up Calendar will make the date selection easier...
Why not?
Almoust 100 users asking for it... +1 !
Posted 13 years ago
kf5nd says:
Please date picker calendar !
Posted 13 years ago
jody.jordan says:
I don't understand that this does not happen and am surprised to see this thread going back so far. When I searched for setting a due date in "help" it said to click on the mini calendar to view the popup and select your date.....but evidently this does not work. Is it being fixed??
Posted 13 years ago
pcjabber says:
+1. I love the AI that the text box uses ("next Tuesday") but it's still nice to have a pop-up calendar to select a date.
Posted 13 years ago
bntron says:
+1
Posted 13 years ago
erik says:
I'm a little late on checking in here (I postponed my task in RTM a couple of weeks), but looks like we are all still out of luck when it comes to having a little javascript calendar.

Hey RTM, I know the iPhone and Android are much sexier, but this is so basic that it should be addressed. Especially when we all know that a wimpy little dropdown calendar is soooo simple to implement when you compare it to all of the other amazing coding going on in RTM-land. Or if I am dead wrong, can someone on the inside confirm that it is jaw-droppingly difficult to do and would require months of development time and it is something that we will never see? I would LOVE to at least hear some sort of official acknowledgement on this topic. Please.

Hopefully this will be the last time I check in on this thread!! If not, I will see you all here in 6 months again....

Please don't take my tone as hatred of all things RTM, this is just one seemingly simple thing that has bothered me for so long--this thread is 2.5 *years* old. I still renew my account and still turn friends on to the site. In my opinion, these forums are one of the best things that RTM has going for it: a group of powerusers who are constantly sharing ideas and coming up with new ways to use the site. In that spirit, I suggest a new idea that is related to this thread: How about a new symbol in the Smart Add field (maybe "&") that instead of dropping down a list of words like the due date symbol, actually dropped down a calendar? I would actually like this even MORE than a dropdown in the properties area. It's been love at first site for me and Smart Add!!

Thanks.

Posted 13 years ago
marty1976 says:
+1. I love the AI that the text box uses ("next Tuesday") but it's still nice to have a pop-up calendar to select a date.
Posted 13 years ago
internetlovemachine says:
As a visual person, I also request this feature.
Posted 13 years ago
cikkcakk says:
+1 hands up for the pop-up calendar
Posted 13 years ago
(closed account) says:
+1 Please! Should not be that rocket science!
Posted 13 years ago
lubelski says:
+1. This was a good idea 2.5 years ago. It's still a good idea now.
Posted 13 years ago
(closed account) says:
Wow, seriously?

Bump.
Posted 13 years ago
jamie.mccoy says:
This has been a std feature for date fields for years -- a must have!
Posted 13 years ago
jsejcksn says:
This will be much easier to implement for the team once HTML5 is standardized and all major browsers support the type=date attribute of the input element. See http://diveintohtml5.org/forms.html#type-date

I, for one, appreciate being able to enter in my own string that's subsequently parsed, and think this should always remain an option.
Posted 13 years ago
ranbarton Power Poster says:
It will be even easier once modern browsers support telepathic input. In the meantime, this simple request has languished for years.

I agree that parsing free form entry should remain available, too.
Posted 13 years ago
kf5nd says:
+1 MUST. HAVE. PLEASE.
Posted 13 years ago
twren says:
Maybe 2.5 years after the original request, my post will be the tipping point to get this feature added. Please add a date picker. Please. Please.
Posted 13 years ago
(closed account) says:
+1

Yes! Please!!
Posted 13 years ago
sanjeev.goyal says:
its a must
Posted 13 years ago
zensurfer says:
+1 please! this is so standard on so many other cal apps, would be essential here! =)
Posted 13 years ago
(closed account) says:
+1
Posted 13 years ago
bobbus says:
+1
Posted 13 years ago
bobbus says:
I just realized this feature was requested 2 years ago !!
Please add it, it's needed for almost every user...
Posted 13 years ago
erik says:
I'm here for my 6 month checkup.

It's so sad to report that this is still outstanding and that my post from 6 months ago couldn't even be worthy of a 2 second response from the RTM crew.

I would still love to hear a "YES" or "NO" answer on where this issue stands.

See you all in 6 months!

Posted 12 years ago
(closed account) says:
I'm a new RTM user, and I can't believe there's no pop-up calendar. I haven't used an app or web site in years that didn't support a pop-up calendar for date entry.
Posted 12 years ago
max.bitel says:
+1

Just signed up for RTM and I love it, EXCEPT the fact that I have to literally guess when I'm trying to set a due date. I do appreciate the quick 'just type your due date' app smarts, but more often than not I need to see a calendar in order to decide what due date makes sense.

Please add a mini calendar feature, every other app has it and the lack of it in RTM is almost enough for me to go back to my old task management software.
Posted 12 years ago
optilude says:
This is a pretty weird omission. Surely it'd be an easy thing to do?
Posted 12 years ago
(closed account) says:
! am another new user who would appreciate this feature, but keep the free form input method as well.

Please RTM, could we have some feedback on this ongoing request.

I have tried most task management apps and RTM is by far the best, it is really strange that you dont include a date picker.

Thanks for reading.
Posted 12 years ago
richbeales says:
+1 (just to keep the thread going)
Posted 12 years ago
relevart says:
Must have.
Posted 12 years ago
dylan.eiler says:
I agree. I think about the lack of this feature every time I add a task and am forced to open the windows calendar to pick a date.
Posted 12 years ago
aranel616 says:
This wouldn't help me any, but it is true that when people see a small calendar icon, there should be a date-picker if you click on it.
Posted 12 years ago
jiayun says:
I just suggested this by email today.
Posted 12 years ago
jana.denegri says:
This calendar pop up feature would be so helpful. I consistently click the calendar icon expecting to be able to use it. To my dismay, I have to check another calendar for the due date which is too time consuming and cumbersome. Isn't this an easy fix?
Posted 12 years ago
pdkres says:
YES PLEASE!
Posted 12 years ago
judykator says:
You can use program:
http://www.phraseexpress.com/docs8/09/manual.htm#input

Macro="^{#calendar -f ddddd -head Select date ...}"
Posted 12 years ago
diddigol says:
+1
Posted 12 years ago
joshlyon says:
please please please add this
Posted 12 years ago
jennifer.peek says:
adding my vote...I keep clicking on it even though I know better!
Posted 12 years ago
mathieu.hubeek says:
+1
Posted 12 years ago
ianmcn says:
This might be a nice addition, but only if it didn't spoil the great natural date inputting. I've started using Tracks a bit for task tracking, and my biggest frustration is that setting date is only done via a pop up calendar, taking at least 2 mouse clicks per task. With RTM, I tab to the due date field (or not if using smart add) and enter "tom", "wed", "1 month" or whatever. So quick and intuitive. Sure, there might be a very occasional time I want it on a specific day that I need to look up, but that must be a very small number of tasks I input. I don't want to use my mouse for adding tasks at all.
Posted 12 years ago
ebb_med says:
Yes! Please!!
Posted 12 years ago
djlittle says:
Agreed this would be a good addition. The lack of a calendar widget really confused me at first as it looks like one should be there.
Posted 12 years ago
cyanite says:
Well, I prefer a Redmine style task+calendar system for check task due data with a graphic image.
Posted 12 years ago
graham.skingley says:
RTM is already outstanding, but agree that the calendar pop up would be of real benefit.
Posted 12 years ago
dizopsin says:
What? I have been trying out RTM for only about 15 minutes. The default Android date picker (obviously used by many Android apps) is bad enough, but omitting it altogether in a web application used for task planning is pretty crazy. Mind-bogglingly, people have apparently been requesting this feature for more than three years now.
So, uhm, just implement it. I guess?
+1
Posted 12 years ago
vamshikk says:
Useful to have.
Posted 12 years ago
(closed account) says:
This must be a record - April 17 2008 for the first request.

It's the sort of thing that deserves an annual holiday or some kind of anniversary event. Tell you what, we could get together and code the calendar picker. Anyone up for meeting on April 17 2012?
Posted 12 years ago
gord.tomlin says:
Still haven't managed to stop myself from clicking the calendar with the expectation that I will be able to choose a date.

A big +1!
Posted 12 years ago
erik says:
Wow. So sad to come back to this thread on my 6 month remember the milk reminder task. I'm still blown away that a new RTM iOS 5 app can come out in days but this monumental task is still stumping the RTM crew. (side note: I'm not an apple guy, but I will say that the new android update is fan-freakin-tastic!)

Can we at least get a little check in from somebody official on this topic?????? Are we doomed to always click the icon and see the unexpected?

See you all back here in April!
Posted 12 years ago
leeadler says:
+1
Posted 12 years ago
mitty says:
"Are we doomed to always click the icon and see the unexpected?"

Same problem, same request, from this new user. IMHO popping a date picker when the user wants to alter a date is almost standard in UIs these days.
Posted 12 years ago
jaredtucker says:
RTM, this is standard basic functionality. Its a pain not being able to see a calendar when assigning dates. +1
Posted 12 years ago
(closed account) says:
This would be my number one wish!
Posted 12 years ago
(closed account) says:
As a matter of fact, I might even be persuaded to upgrade to Pro if this was offered.
Posted 12 years ago
amardip.sekhon says:
+ 1 for me. I'm a new user coming from Google Tasks and I'm so used to using the calendar to input dates. It seems kind of obvious doesn't it? This is the kind of weird annoyance that would prevent me from going pro.
Posted 12 years ago
fokkomuller says:
+1 for me. Bloody shame to be honest that this takes so long.
The rest of RTM is awesome, so make it perfect asap!
Posted 12 years ago
dobrienma says:
+1 for me as well. There are a couple of areas where I constantly click on things and expect a window or drop down. The calendar is #1, and locations are #2, it would be so nice to have a drop down list, in case I don't remember what I called a location.
Posted 12 years ago
maudi.rouwhorst says:
as a new RTM member i am also clicking the calendar icon in vain - it drives me nuts!
Posted 12 years ago
rleshane says:
Wow. I guess that's all I can say. Wow. Ok, I guess I can say more. Looks like this spring it will be 3 years since this thread started? I recently got back into RTM after letting my pro membership lapse. Little things like this missing (obvious) feature make me wonder. Please for the love of all that is Holy add this.
Posted 12 years ago
(closed account) says:
Aaaagghhhh! Please either get rid of the calendar icon or make it do something! I'm a fairly new user, and this morning I tried for 15 minutes to figure out what I was doing wrong, because clicking on the calendar did nothing. I know the item I am working on is due on the Tuesday after next, but instead of being able to click on a calendar and set that, I have to find a calendar, look it up, and then enter a manual date. There's nothing in the help file or user guide about this thing being a red herring, so I finally ended up here looking for information.
Posted 12 years ago
(closed account) says:
I would like this feature, too!
Posted 12 years ago
anewyoung says:
Add the popup calendar please!
Posted 12 years ago
akochnev says:
Really , no calendar popup ? I have to switch to Google calendar just to be able to find the right date ?
Posted 12 years ago
wkcrtm79 says:
Come on, other apps have this! I thought this is a standard? Please add pop-up calendar! This format of entering date is frustrating!
Posted 12 years ago
babygurljrl says:
I agree about the calender popup but for some reason i dont think they are getting the memo.
Posted 12 years ago
(closed account) says:
You have my vote on this as well... Whats the point of having the small calender if it doesnt pop-up! How I am suppose to the day of the week of a date??
Posted 12 years ago
(closed account) says:
This is the first thing I noticed and almost dumped the app as a result, Seems pretty basic,,,
Posted 12 years ago
(closed account) says:
A must have (calendar pop-up)...
Posted 12 years ago
fcedelle says:
+1
Posted 12 years ago
darrellcouch says:
I cannot believe there isn't a pop up calendar. I am guessing they don't read these comments.
Posted 12 years ago
rawearth says:
+1
Posted 12 years ago
martinwest60 says:
if it is a choice between calendar and the intelligent input mechanisms they have today, give me today's model - VERY CLEVER . THANKS
Posted 12 years ago
wkcrtm79 says:
Gee! Mini-popup calendar is standard format these days! It's so annoying that this feature is not here! Why do I have to type the date? As a result, I am still using other task apps.
Posted 12 years ago
rsougstad says:
+1
Posted 12 years ago
sehyun says:
very good idea.
+1
Posted 12 years ago
jessicamiller00 says:
Count me among the zillion others who expected the little calendar icon to pop up a calendar picker.
Posted 12 years ago
(closed account) says:
Count me in
Posted 11 years ago
dhjoubert says:
I'm also thinking of dumping it now, I've hated it that there are no calendars.
Posted 11 years ago
(closed account) says:
Please add the pop-up calendar.
Posted 11 years ago
(closed account) says:
The iPhone native Reminders app does this really well, would be great to have this on RTM for iPhone and might persuade me to renew my subscription another year.
Posted 11 years ago
robert.scholl says:
The only thing I've found missing is the calendar picker.
Posted 11 years ago
greg.wells says:
And another begging for this feature...
Posted 11 years ago
cpwernham says:
How on earth can this bug not simply be fixed?
The icon is there, and does nothing.
This is pretty bad, IMHO.
Posted 11 years ago
sanjaic says:
I find it interesting that RTM does not monitor or respond to this thread. I agree that it is such a basic feature and a pet peeve of mine. I would probably go pro if it was added.
Posted 11 years ago
relevart says:
cpwernham, this is not a bug, it's a feature :)

But I agree that adding a calendar picker is not that hard to do...there are a ton of prebuild scripts you can use...it would be a few hours work max.
Posted 11 years ago
(closed account) says:
I really want this...
Posted 11 years ago
sn3akyp3t3 says:
I don't know how RTM developers feel about a dependency, but some Javascript libraries may provide a quick fix for this request. JQuery UI datepicker comes to mind and would be perfect for this request. http://jqueryui.com/demos/datepicker/ Also, JQuery has a mobile library so the Android and Apple devices will get the same functionality if there is a need.
Posted 11 years ago
faramant says:
E.g. the aCalender app has a nice wheel based date and time selection tool.
A real two-dimensional calender would also be much appreciated.
Posted 11 years ago
rapiere says:
+1 poke, would be very nice to have such datepicker included in next RTM release, or more intuitive date selection like tomorrow, next week, in two weeks, first day of next month, ...
Posted 11 years ago
erik says:
Back again. Nothing has changed. :(

You guys are obviously talented developers, I just don't understand this obvious miss. I don't think it's a technical thing.
Posted 11 years ago
leslie.a.friedman says:
What more is there to say? Datepicker please.
Posted 11 years ago
(closed account) says:
+1 Yup, a datepicker is a must.
Posted 11 years ago
(closed account) says:
Wow! I just realized that people have been asking for this since 2008!!!!!!
Posted 11 years ago
doffe says:
+1.

The iPhone app should allow for a proper daypicker too.
Posted 11 years ago
roemeeeer says:
The missing calendar is the only thing which keeps me from using RTM or even buying the pro version of it. So +1
Posted 11 years ago
pianodork says:
+1 for this. Would make setting things a few weeks out SOOOO much easier. I have to do it all the time too (which means jumping over to the cal app to get the date and then back to RTM). Such a pain.
Posted 11 years ago
alfred.ertl says:
I do not understand. Should actually be a base function. I use RTM for several years and I miss this feature for several years. Really annoying!
Posted 11 years ago
richtrj says:
+1 want to buy Pro, but calendar is necessary feature for me
Posted 11 years ago
jorg3cardoso says:
I find it unbelievable that a simple feature like hasn't even been answered by the RTM team...
Posted 11 years ago
simon.mara says:
Completely agree. Date picker is an obvious addition
Posted 11 years ago
claudia.tanase says:
"The missing calendar" FROM THE WEBSITE "is the only thing which keeps me from using RTM or even buying the pro version of it. So +1"
Posted 11 years ago
(closed account) says:
Please can we add this feature, it would make so much sense. Thanks
Posted 11 years ago
richard.ferrie says:
Yep - gotta have it. I can't think of any app anywhere dependent on users picking dates that doesn't have one. Otherwise, I have to find a calendar (gasp!) to get the right date. Not cool. And worse, inefficient.

As others have indicated - I am ready for a long term relationship with RTM - but this could be the deal breaker! :-(
Posted 11 years ago
toxicboy says:
New user today... clicking the icon for the same expected action - a calendar... looks like ppl have been doing this for 4 years now - maybe time for a change?
Posted 11 years ago
offringa says:
This would be a very welcome addition not only because then you can pick a certain weekday (e.g. if you want to postpone a task to a sunday within 2 months).
Posted 11 years ago
sergoulpus says:
I have to find a calendar to get the right date. I love the keyboard and all the shortcuts etc. But do you know the date of the second Tuesday next month?

Not cool. And worse, inefficient. Please implement it.
Posted 11 years ago
(closed account) says:
Love the product but I yearn for date picker. It's been three years of people asking you for this and no visible product enhancement on the desktop. On Android the picker is there. Perhaps adding yet another post to the every growing pile is futile but I live in hope. :-)
Posted 11 years ago
chbaur says:
Fantastic tool, with only one major feature missing, a calendar for entering ToDo's. How could this happen? This is a must for me to buy the pro version.
Posted 11 years ago
travis.raup says:
how is this not a default feature???
Posted 11 years ago
pettitmb says:
This to too obvious of an overlook. You should not have to go to a calendar outside of RTM to find a date. Please update soon! Thank you
Posted 11 years ago
kevin.ison says:
Just started remember the milk. Love it, but this one small missing feature really slows down the whole process. Typing "today" for multiple tasks is a pain, and if you want to set a date ofr instance 4 days ahead, requires thinking of the date when it should be easy calendar. On multiple other cloud applications, so should not be too hard,
Posted 11 years ago
brtsos says:
I please too :) I don't understand why the calender have not data picker yet. The script is so easy to implementation.
Posted 10 years ago
fft4 says:
It sure would be nice :-)
Posted 10 years ago
cshellem says:
Has it been said enough? Please add a calendar picker. RTM could use a web overhaul.
Posted 10 years ago
steevan1 says:
Please add my voice to this
Posted 10 years ago
imjwalsh says:
I was surprised that this feature was missing. I would like as well.
Posted 10 years ago
paul.schacht says:
Ditto.
Posted 10 years ago
relevart says:
It would be a very simple addition. (With a jQuery plugin maybe?)
Although I am confortable with writing in the dates as text, but it is useful to know instantly that what day will be in two weeks from next saturday for example. And to use the calendar to set a due date to that date.
Posted 10 years ago
akirashoji says:
Please, it's easy!
Posted 10 years ago
jwog says:
Nothing more I can add. Just do it.
Posted 10 years ago
hpadmin says:
Just do it! Please :-)
Posted 10 years ago
shellysings says:
Yes, please, please!!!
Posted 10 years ago
kamasi says:
Need the pop up calendar as well!
Please add this :)
Posted 10 years ago
(closed account) says:
yes, please...
Posted 10 years ago
relevart says:
Easy to implement idea, with a ton of votes.
With this you would could please your customers with very little effort.
Posted 10 years ago
soulso says:
This is very important. Actually, calendar view is a standard in business. You set events with dates when you have a business. That's why I use RTM, because it has CalDAV etc. But, when you need to modify task's date, you have to enter it manually, because there is no calendar picker.. :(
Posted 10 years ago
(closed account) says:
Please, Please
Posted 10 years ago
casilda_eh says:
I need this feature as well.
Posted 10 years ago
jolie.patel says:
please, a pop up calendar would be great.
Posted 10 years ago
chris.behr says:
I add my vote to this idea. When I want a due date beyond the current week, I look at my Google calendar to pick a day, and then type it in RTM. Would be much better to select it from a calendar in RTM.
Posted 9 years ago
margaret.bushnell says:
Yup, this would be great.
Posted 9 years ago
andy.mazun says:
Ha ha--I clicked that icon sooo many times. Let's have a popup calendar control!
Posted 9 years ago
erik says:
checking in again.... no calendar popup. Tears.
Posted 9 years ago
roy.tucker says:
Agree, the on in Cultured Code Things app is awesome.
Posted 8 years ago
tinglee says:
Yet another request for pop up cal
Posted 8 years ago
You cannot comment on this idea as it is locked.