Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

An 'All Tasks' list

james.huang says:
It would be nice to have a "all tasks" tab in addition the built-in inbox and sent tab. Not all my tasks have due date so the overview is not enough for me to get a all-task-view. And I suppose this would be very easy to implement? Much thanks!
Posted at 7:59am on December 18, 2005
Launched
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Everyone has an "All Tasks" view in the new Remember The Milk, so I'm marking this as resolved. :) Thanks for everyone's feedback!
Posted 7 years ago
ipublish says:
Good suggestion!
Posted 18 years ago
kaushal.toprani says:
agreed
Posted 18 years ago
ranbarton Power Poster says:
Absolutely, plus it would help for searching, and copying and pasting to local copies
Posted 18 years ago
dav says:
+1
Posted 18 years ago
rakesh says:
i sixth that!
Posted 18 years ago
thebims says:
I was just about to say the same thing!
Posted 18 years ago
ebukva says:
yes, this should be a must.

keep up the good work.
Posted 18 years ago
ebukva says:
"Smart" lists (to borrow iTunes terminology), actually don't have to be limited to "All" tab. There could be "Overdue", "Postponed" and other dynamically generated lists - Just a thought.

"All" is a definitive priority though.
Posted 18 years ago
llimllib says:
+1

I went looking in the forum just in the hope that somebody had posted this request.
Posted 18 years ago
manoj.chugh says:
Very good suggestion
Posted 18 years ago
unclben says:
i would also very much like this idea.
Posted 18 years ago
chrisjlee says:
me too
Posted 18 years ago
edrevo says:
agree
Posted 18 years ago
(closed account) says:
count me in
Posted 18 years ago
(closed account) says:
I started looking for this in the 1st 10 minutes. I'm visual, so I would love to have the perspective of seeing everything all on 1 screen. I don't think this would take a huge number of programming hours too :)
Posted 18 years ago
You can now have an 'All Tasks' tab if you'd like one :)

See the blog for details on Smart Lists.

To see all of your tasks in one list, just click the new 'Search' button without entering any search terms. You can then save this as a Smart List. There's some quick instructions in the help section on creating Smart Lists.

Enjoy!
Posted 18 years ago
mose250 says:
The all tasks tab that I've made works wonderfully - I set it as my default list. It's just a smart list, a search with no parameters like you suggested. When I bookmark the list and click on the bookmark,however, it always shows "You have no incomplete tasks in this list. Woohoo!" while appearing to have the "All Tasks" list selected. I have to click on the tab itself to get all of the tasks. Seems to be some kind of bug.
Posted 18 years ago
mose250, we've now fixed this so that Smart Lists show tasks correctly when set as the default list. Thanks for reporting this!
Posted 18 years ago
mose250 says:
Thanks a ton - works great.
Posted 18 years ago
aaronhh says:
shouldn't this post be marked as "resolved" or something like that?
Posted 15 years ago
raymond.bergmark Power Poster says:
Well, the last post was over two years old, that's one clue ;-)
Posted 15 years ago
johnwin says:
LOL. I love that the way the system is set up you don't need to wait for a re-code - just a bit of lateral thinking and it's done.

Smart Lists are the key to this system for me. I'm only just scratching the surface of what they can do.
Posted 15 years ago
aaronhh says:
rajjan ==>

That is a good point.

If I browse the forums I can plainly see that every old suggestion, that has ever been made, has already been resolved.

Posted 15 years ago
You cannot comment on this idea as it is locked.