Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

New Feature: Quick Add

emily (Remember The Milk) says:
We've just announced a brand new feature over on our blog.

Quick Add allows you to highlight important dates that you see on the web, and easily add them to your account.

We'd love to hear feedback anyone has on this feature :)
Posted at 4:59pm on November 15, 2005
willswords says:
Great feature! This will help me reduce my library late book fines. :-)
Posted 18 years ago
roto says:
Awesome! This is excellent for my company's online production area which displays our estimated completion dates for upcoming projects.

However...they are displayed as, for example, 2005-07-05 for July 5th, 2005. When I highlight 2005-07-05, it doesn't automatically populate the date field in the pop-up. Something I'm doing wrong?

-----------------------------------------
BTW, "...once-in-a-lifetime Hilary Duff concert", classic.
Posted 18 years ago
emily.baum says:
I understand how to use this for my benefit now. I can use it like a daily planner or to schedule an event. I will highly enjoy using this for my daily routines and other events that are taking place in my life.....
Posted 18 years ago
willswords, yup I wish I had this feature before I managed to accumulate $70 in library fines :)
Posted 18 years ago
roto, any chance that your company's online production area is using frames/iframes? Currently Quick Add won't work with frames, but we're working to fix that.
Posted 18 years ago
roto says:
Emily...yes...that's it. I hate to admit it, but it does use frames. However, it's only for in-house work and thankfully it doesn't have to be pretty/compliant for the outside world.

Thanks for the reply and please post again when your fix is complete.
Posted 18 years ago
adski says:
Quick add is a great feature, thanks!

Only gripe is, I'd like to be able to set a priority, perhaps there could be another bookmarklet for power users, called "Power add" which has all the options !?
Posted 18 years ago
Sure, we're interested in hearing what other options people would like to be able to set with a bookmarklet. We created this one to be as simple and quick to use as possible, but if there are other options people would like to see, we'd love to hear feedback.
Posted 18 years ago
steve.thomas says:
One suggestion would be to add fields to to the quick add for adding a note to the task.

I like simple and quick, really, yet I keep finding myself conflicted and coming up with the same ideas in the forums. That is I want simple and quick, and I also want lots of features and to be able to customize. As I said I am conflicted and live with many conflicting ideas inside my head.

A thought to share. There are many planning methods out there GTD, Stephen Covey, Franklin Planner, those yet to be developed 4th, 5th and Nth generation planners. Each with thier own followings. Would it be possible (nay good design) to implement RTM with different "templates" or views that have certain fields and terminology that match the popular planning methods. That way you would get those folks who are looking for something that fits their way of working.

That said, as conflicted as I am I like the approach give me a simple set of powerful tools and I will find a way to adapt them to the way I work.

Thanks for a great product, I truly enjoy using it.
Posted 18 years ago
todd.wallace says:
I would love to see an addition to Quick Add that allows a user to pull up a public list, click Quick Add, and bring up the public list in a new window with check boxes to mark events that could be added to my tasks. A select all/none toggle would be a nice feature as well.

I just joined RTM, and am thinking of introducing it to a group of people I work with. We schedule two or three group events every month, and it would be nice if we could log on to a team leaders public list and just Quick Add it to our own.
Posted 18 years ago
steve.thomas says:
I 2nd adski suggestion for a "Power Add".
I often times add notes to tasks and being able to do that in one step as opposed to multiple would be great.

So a "Power Add" window with all task features available would be very much appreciated, as it the RTM service as a whole. I have tried numerous on-line to do lists and like RTM's best in all categories (except one, for someone like me with a lot of tabs the tab interface breaks down, it works well for a small number of tabs, but not for a large number).

Emily, you probably have already thought of this, but you could do a query to see how many tabs each user is using.
Posted 18 years ago