Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Mind map view

dominic.spachmann says:
I would appreciate, to view my tasks in a mindmap. Each list is a node with the tasks as subnodes. Especially when subtasks are implemented a very nice feature for "visual usertypes" :)
I assume this to be very useful for overviewing, sorting, ... my tasks.

For implementation you could use mindmeister.com, e.g....
Posted at 4:10pm on July 3, 2011
goomailtheo says:
this is much better than a subtask choice
much more like a visualized GTD system
really better than a "just word " GTD
Posted 12 years ago
jkeres says:
Agreed. This would be powerful. I would like to find a way to use a mind mapping app that use RTM for managing tasks and Evernote to replace the notes fields for nodes. I would also want the ability to update my tasks in any RTM client or web and have them be magically updated in the map when I open it next.
Posted 12 years ago
volodymyr says:
Agreed. WBS (work breakdown structure) is the first step in classical project management. Lists are great for tracking stuff, and are easy to view on smaller screens (smartphones). But are pretty bad for clearing one's mind. Mind-maps or WBS is much more visual.
Posted 12 years ago
paolorab says:
I'm in too!
Posted 12 years ago
erik.boogaard says:
+1!!!!
Posted 12 years ago
wonho1027 says:
+!
Posted 11 years ago
tonyjfa says:
+1!!!!
Posted 11 years ago
wonho1027 says:
Yeah if you guys could work with the guy who makes "Mind On Track"...he's got a pretty nice system that integrates with Xmind and has an alpha android client. The only sad part for me is the fact that I wouldn't be able to use the gmail plugin for chrome. If you guys could somehow get mindmapping + RTM together, I'd probably fork over three times as much money for that.
Posted 11 years ago
georgedolbier says:
Instead of the RTM team doing this work, put out a request for some Mind Map App integrations. I've been using MindMiester.. because it runs everywhere...
Posted 11 years ago
dominic.spachmann says:
@georgedolbier: thats what I meant with "For implementation you could use mindmeister.com, e.g...." :-)
Posted 11 years ago
jszmak says:
Any Progress on this idea? I think of this every day. I tried doing this manually for a while a few years ago and it was tedious and unmanageable. However, if I could manage my tasks as dominic describes - updating tasks, changing due dates and moving between categories visually- it would be game changing.

For those of us with a broad range of "lists" and a desire for a visualization of our work, this would be revolutionary.

+1
Posted 11 years ago
sagar.katta says:
+1 for RTM and MindMeister (mind Mapping Software), It would be awesome if I could get the tasks from the Mind Mapping software sync to RTM.
Posted 11 years ago
jguevara says:
MindMeister just released a to do application that works in conjunction with their mind mapping application. Sadly, is not as advanced as remember the milk. I am investigating moving my to do system over to that system
Posted 8 years ago
morrisont says:
XMIND does this I believe. Has anyone tried xmind + RTM?
Posted 7 years ago