Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Option to sync reminders/alerts

roggster says:
This is a real deal breaker for me.
Even if it is only supported on tasks - and then even if it simply uses the default reminder time from Options when a new task is synced from RTM to Outlook - ie MilkSync creates the task in Outlook and sets the reminder time on the due date - just as if I had created the task manually in Outlook 2010

I end up with a bunch of tasks in Outlook and never get prompted to act on them in Outlook.....
Posted at 11:01am on June 9, 2011
(closed account) says:
I'm fully in support of this - I'm a mobile worker and I use Outlook on my desktop and RTM on my mobile. I want to maintain a set of synchronised tasks with synchronised reminders which pop up wherever I happen to be when the task falls due - and often I have tasks which need to be performed at a certain time of the day otherwise I'll miss the opportunity. I rely on task due date and time reminders to help me manage this. I'll move to whatever provider can do this for me (Astrid, Google, RTM, etc.)
Posted 11 years ago
jeradzan says:
+1 on this. I am in same boat as mckenzie.bridle. I need both RTM and Outlook reminders to be effective, especially since RTM does not repeat reminders for overdue tasks. With Outlook, even if a task is overdue, as long as it has a reminder, I can snooze the task or leave the annoying popup there until I complete the task.
Posted 11 years ago
(closed account) says:
+1 on this. It needs to pop-up when i am on my laptop.
Posted 11 years ago
(closed account) says:
I must for me
+1
Posted 11 years ago
bobmalecki says:
me too, I want to maintain a set of synchronised tasks in Outlook with synchronised reminders which pop up wherever I happen to be when the task falls due - and often I have tasks which need to be performed at a certain time of the day otherwise I'll miss the opportunity. I rely on task due date and time reminders to help me manage this.
Posted 11 years ago
montymj says:
me too - a lot of my tasks are linked to time, and I need Outlook to be popping up with reminders to make sure I don't miss the time.....task due date and time reminder works really well for me.....very sad I can't sync this from RTM reminders.
Posted 10 years ago
hmrc87 says:
Add this and I'm sold... Again :)
Posted 9 years ago
(closed account) says:
Amen! My only long-standing beef about RTM.
Posted 7 years ago